Does social media cause drama in relationships?

Seems like more people are having fights and arguments over social media stuff. Someone likes a certain picture, adds an ex, follows too many girls/guys who are basically naked in every pic, etc,. Is social media the reason for couples arguing, fighting, or breaking up?

• Yes
    83%(34)80%(47)Vote72%(13)
  • No
    10%(4)8%(5)Vote6%(1)
  • Don't know, don't care
    7%(3)12%(7)Vote22%(4)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• They actually created a study where the couple who didn’t feel that need to post every little thing on social media and just focused on making each other happy were the happiest. The couples who turned to social media were the most insecure in their relationships.

What Guys Said 8

• It causes drama in immature, insecure relationships. I see so many posts from men and women complaining about who their SO follows, or whose picture they liked. What's funny is that if you truly trusted your partner, none of that should matter, but the reality is these people constantly complaining are immature, and they don't truly trust their partner, which is the REAL problem, not the social media.

• Anything you cannot use knowing it is limit, it will destroy.
    And social has been proved to be an addiction.
    Any addiction is bad

• The "like"button has destroyed many relationships

• Don't know, don't care

• Because people are sick on internet. Real life is healthy.

• Pretty much sure

• No but my mate finding out I called the suicide hotline can.

• It can when people take it too seriously.

1. Don't ask your S/O for their social media passwords. You don't need them.
    2. Likes mean nothing. If your S/O likes a post of the opposite sex, get over it.
    3. Don't tell your S/O who they can and can't friend on FB etc.
    4. You don't have to blab your relationship to the world all over FB.

What Girls Said 18

• Yeah it’s unnecessary drama and I definitely don’t care for it. A lot of people read way too much into things that someone does (following, liking pictures, etc.) A lot of people still follow an ex or someone they used to have sex with and this causes problems for the masses. “Why are you liking their pictures, why are you doing this, why are you doing that”.

Plus, a lot of people aren’t really mature enough and don’t know their boundaries which is another issue. Someone in a relationship can either be too nice or too naive and keeps flirting and entertaining someone publicly and think that it’s okay.

For the ones who post their relationship online, everytime they get mad or their relationship reaches a rough patch even if it is for 5 minutes, they’re quick to delete pictures, make post letting it be known they’re broken up for 5 minutes, etc. then turn around and get back together.

• If you let it and do things in it that will cause drama then yes. Personally it's never caused problems for me.

• Just want to say after Snapchat took out the best friends feature , it gets more shady ! People do sideway cheats using social media and it's so easy to hide

• It can if you let it. People in relationships need to conduct themselves in an appropriate and respectful way on social media.

• No, its not because of social media. People are choosing to follow an ex, and like pics of other people. Social media is not putting a knife to your throat telling you to follow an ex.
    People choose to do what they want with social media. People are the cause here.

• I feel like it could. Your man could talk to any other girl at any time. Just imagine how easy it is for him to sext another girl. But if you're in a committing relationship you could trust him. And all those models...

I'm glad my boyfriend doesn't have social media yet.

• My boyfriend and I got rid of Facebook and we fight 98% less

• Big time. Don't upload pics, don't like his pics, your picture shows off a bit of Ur cleavage. Blah blah and more blah.

• It certainly can.

• If you spend more time on social media than with your partner, sure

• Yes, especially if they are both active on social media

• It can if you let it

• No, the person does

• there can be, for sure

• Leave your relationship off social media keep it private.

• Yes it easily can

• Unfortunately most of the time.

• Yes yes yes and i hate it it's so annoying thinking our life is so short, so busy, so intense , people starving , kids dying from cancer, eating GMO shutty foods, drinking flouride water, we have become zombies of social medias we spend time bullshitting why you liked her picture why you followed her, posting pic of our good our relationships in an consciously min existin all of you died who managed that account? blah blah so immature. Sleep sleep sleep like tomorrow is guaranteed go cry why a boy liked her picture makes you busy after all