How big of a deal is saying “I love you” for you?

People seem to have varied opinions on how important the words are, to not saying it until the point marriage is on the cards, others throw it around with someone they’ve known a few days and others can use it casually with friends as easy endearment.

What are they to you, and how long until you generally feel comfortable saying it?

2555

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, they are just words.
    I feel like treating those words with such a great deal of significance does perhaps make them a little more powerful, but it also makes them more harmful when misused.

I think our physicality is the better way to display our endearment.
    I always knew when my partner's smile was genuine because it was unmistakable.
    Those are the things that I would prefer to see, personally.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm one to say it in a means of endearment as long as I know the person and share a good relationship with them. It will tend to differ in the tone and moment I say it, depending on the person I say it to. But I believe that their actions and the relationship between us divides it in knowing if it's a "friendly love", "brotherly/sisterly love", "romantic love". Actions in the end speak louder than words.