How do I tell my boyfriend that I want things to move slower without hurting his feelings?

My boyfriend and i just met our 2 week mark of being together and i feel like we’re moving to fast already. He says he loves me and i took his virginity and now he’s talking about already getting me a promise ring, him helping me pay for my college tuition and getting engaged. i feel a bit rushed and i don’t know how to tell him i think we should slow down without hurting his feelings.

1411

Most Helpful Guy

• Dang, girl. I'd say you started it. He obviously thinks more of the encounter than you do. Now he's comitted. I think you and he should talk about it. Get all your feelings on the table. But let the record show that I blame you. Should have known more about what you were getting into when you slept with the dude. Sounds like a good guy, wanting to seal the deal.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wait... your profile says you're under 18... I hope you're not a minor where you're from cuz that's a serious problem if that's the case.

• Huh. Never heard of such a thing in the midwest. Either way, I hope that when I have children they trust me enough to talk to me about it.

• yeah lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey girl.

I understand your position but from the guys point of view.

Me and my boyfriend are nearly at 2 months of being together. He took my virginity, i feel overly attached to him and i can honestly see myself having a life with him. I can see kids, marriage, old age. All of it but the difference is i haven't told him that because i don't want to freak him out.

I think your guy is just infactuated with you and it's kinda adorable.

You'll never be able to ask him to slow down without hurting his feelings, but you can do it gently.

Say something like "look, i really like you, but we are really early on and that's a bit much for now..."

It shows you respect him but that he does need to calm down.

I wish you guys luck! Xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thank you, that really helped, i hope things work out for you guys too