How long does it take you to get over someone who hurt you?

Not only romantic interests.
How do your feelings change over time?

1424

What Guys Said 24

• 2 mins tops and maybe a jerk off session.

• Let me know when you find out.
    26 years 1 month and counting...

• It depends on, who's the person. Although, I don't get much hurt since, I have expected the worst of every person I know so, I knew it was coming.

• depends on who hurt you, and how he hurt you, and who you are (someones can get over something really fast when others can't).
    anyway even if you get over it, you might remember it once in a while with different emotions.
    but If you want to get over it faster you should first look at whole situation logically and see what you want and what's better.

• I'm currently still upset with a bud since nov. Takes me a bit personally. Revisiting the cause of the matter basically resets my anger so i just got revamped while answering. You're welcome.

• First you don’t understand. Then you look for your own mistakes, then for his. Then you start to love hate him. Then you hate him then you forget him.

• I've been stuck on the same experience for 4 years now. Been trying to get over it but it just controls me.

• Oh god, mine has been 12 months everyone says they've never known anyone like me. it's taken over my life literally i can't think of anything else, just him 😒

• It's okay. You need to talk about it? If so, message me

• Your in a loop. Think about the negative, find something of interest for you and go your own way. Consult mgtow if you still have troubles.

• Not long, in fact, in most situations I was over it before breaking up with them.

• It depends really on the person and the feelings for that person. It took me almost a year last time.

• 7 tequilas and maybe a glass of cognac if it's smooth.

• Long time. 2 to 3 years may be more. If you love someone deeply its hard to move on. As the saying goes time heals everything.

• It takes 9.8 years.

• It takes a lifetime to get over being hurt because you never forget it so you're always wonder if you'll get her again but I think that's ok because it's called self Preservation

• Like 2 months to forget completely

• An oversleep or two. After not thinking about it for a while I forget it.

• If it was a relationship it could take months.

• Depends on level of attachment.
    Sometimes a day but also sometimes never

• If it's a crush, 2 months. A relationship could take anywhere from a year to 10 years

• Approx 1 1/2 exactly

• Years for me.

• How do we move on? I've tried lots of times to meet someone else but i just can't do it.

• It depends, doesn't always last as long/short

• it depends on how was she in my life?

• It took me over year to get over my very first girlfriend
    when she broke up with me.

• Sometimes you do sometime you don't. You may love someone till you die. Love is still a mystery.

What Girls Said 14

• It varies from person to person. A few months at the least. My feelings either disappear or turn into bitterness.

• I flirt with someone else asap. And once i fall for the new person, i fall outta love with the old person

• 1|0
  • I'm pretty black & white and pretty straightforward. If you fuck me over then I'm done. Basically there's a delete button IRL for me

• I get over people too quickly. But if they have hurt my ego along with my feelings, it's going to take a bit more.

• depends on the person. its takes a long time for me. dealt with a breakup last month but still dealing with some of the hurt

• About 3 months.

• Probably never. It just hurts less and less each month.

• Few seconds

• It depends on how much they meant to me, if they were a friend of mine, it'd take about a week, if it was a really close friend or a SO, I think it'd take a few weeks.

• I still dislike the 3 girls that spread rumors about me when I was in school. Its been 10 years.

• still not over it

• I think it depends how important was this person to you and what exactly happened. Things can hurt in different levels.

E. g. my ex broke up with me and then he told me that I was just not enough ambitious for him. And it really hurt me because I really cared about him and his opinion was always important for me.
    And maybe I should not care about what he said but it's already few months and whenever I am making some mistakes or not achieving something, it just sounds like echo every time in my mind...

• Depends on the situation and how close he/she is to you
    My longest is 6years and i still have issues because of the betrayal