Is it ok to start to live with the boyfriend when you are 17?

I have a boyfriend, but we live in different cities. In 6 months I move to his city to take a higher education and I suggested him to live together. Is it right decision, or it's too early when we are together only 7 months?Is it ok to start to live with the boyfriend when you are 17??
  • Yes, It's ok
    Vote A
  • No, it's too early
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine there are a lot of benefits to living together, I would encourage you to have a plan B before you go. Look at other apartments, know how much it will cost and be ready to get your own place if you need to for any reason. Honestly, if you can afford your own place, you should probably go that route anyway. No harm if you stay at each other's apartments a few days out of the week, it'll give you the space you need if you have any problems, if you want to get away for a day or two and not be bugged to death, etc. I don't advocate moving to a new city and into an apartment together if you weren't living together before he moved there. Mainly because you are absolutely new to the city, if your relationship goes sideways at all, you will have to stay with him and won't have any good options. Once you've lived in that city six months or a year guilty will knows the how and when and where of ideal apartments, jobs, etc.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's too early and 17 is too young to be moving in with a SO. Your relationship has only been going on for 7 months but you both live in different cities, not like you were in physical space together on a daily or nearly daily basis. Also, in my opinion, if you can't afford to live on your own you shouldn't be shacking up with anyone. If you're parents have to pay for your half of the expenses you're not ready. Their paying your half and he's paying his half, trust me that is financial arguments already in the making. You want the full College experience, live in a dorm or an apartment with other students.

0|0
    0|0
    • The problem is that wouldn't mind to live with other students if the conditions weren't that bad... In my country everything is pretty bad with places to live for students...

• Show All
    • You look till you find something decent with other students. Any students from your current school going to same College? Or can't you go to College in hometown?

• I'm going to go there on my own. I don't want to stay at my hometown. I need a bit more freedom

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• sounds like a very bad idea to me, but i can't say that it won't work, it could work, but the chances are low, pretty low, as compared to living with him when you are at least 23 or above 23

0|0
    0|0
  • You could share with him first and see what develops between yous

1|1
    0|0
  • If you only been together 7 months, then no. If it was a year and seven months then perhaps but only after you turn 18.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why?(about age)

• Show All
    • I live in Ukraine (:

• Kewl. Age of Majority in the Ukraine is 18. So same issues apply about underage cohabitation and parental permission.

• No, it's too early I believe in waiting to your sure what you two want in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Definitely not. It's way too early for you to move in with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because no one know that from what long he had with you

0|0
    0|0
  • No way too young lol. Do what you want it's your life but I think it's too early.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, if you feel it's right, go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s definitely to early.

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is he?

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, that's just too early, wait until you're in your late 20s or 30s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ok. My wife was 16 when we moved in together after the weddening.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably a bad idea. Make sure one of you has somewhere else to live for when you break up

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because at that age no one is ready to settle down, unless you are ok being the side chick

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 20

• Because of your age and the time you have been together i’d say it’s too early, especially because you’re changing city (so not close to family). I think you should wait and see how the relationship goes, if you’re happy in the next e. g. year then you could try it out. Also at 17 I assume you don’t have an extensive income, so that could also be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's a terrible idea. If something bad happens you're going to be stuck without a place to live.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too early. I moved in at 21 and that was hard, sharing all of your space, time, and resources with another person is not as fluffy as you think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wait a bit until you are for certain that things are going steady with you and your boyfriend, that the two of you are commited in making things work out when living together. I personally find that you're both too young and things are too early into the relationship. I have a good friend of mine who has been living with her off again and on again boyfriend for 7 years now (they've broken up twice) since both her and her boyfriend were 17. I have seen such tension between them as they spend far too much time together (they shared some classes together as well as worked at the same resturant together) that they're always in each others space and get aggravated with each other over little things at times. My friend has now cut it to only spending weekends over at her bf's and it honestly seems much better for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s a bit too early I think, regardless of your age.

0|2
    0|0
  • it could be a little soon. I was once considering that with my ex but damn I'm glad I didn't go through with it!

0|0
    0|0
  • It is totally alright cause you both will get to know each other better. The chances r slim that he cn be the one but living woth him will probably make u close to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's way too early to move out. You are still dependant on your parents at 17, you need them. Don't make the decision. You're just a little too young.

0|0
    0|0
    • But my parents in good relationship with my boyfriend. They understand that they will pay a half for an apartment and he...

• I hate living with people in general. if you're ocd then not a good idea

1|0
    0|0
  • I moved in ex boyfriend at 18 worst mistake don’t do it

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're gonna do it, have a backup plan for somewhere to stay in case you guys break up

0|0
    0|0
  • for me thats too early. i was still so lost at 17 i can't even imagine taking on something like this

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait till your frontal lobe is fully developed.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would wait. But if you want to do it, have a plan b.

• No, too young, to early

0|0
    0|0
  • Too early

0|0
    0|0
  • Too young and early

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, don't do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s a little too early

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on connection and mindset more than how long you guys have been together. If both of you are willing to compromise and have mature conversations then it could work. My sister and her boyfriend moved in together at 23 after only dating a couple months and before living together, they lived in different states. They’re happy and made it work.

If your parents approve then it’s probably not the worst possible thing you could do. Maybe before you move in you can test the waters and stay with him for a couple weeks. And have a backup plan in case it doesn’t work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • How long have you been dating? That’s more the real question than “am I too young to live with my bf/gf?”

0|0
    0|0
    • It's written there, we are together for 7 months

• I know, I read that. I would say that’s too early because you barely know each other. You may think you do, but trust me, I’ve been your age before with a boyfriend and in a similar scenario. I’d wait a bit, or at least move near him

Take note that I’m not demanding you don’t live with him till x amount of months have gone by, I’m just suggesting to wait maybe a bit longer or to at least move near him

Recommended myTakes