Is it ok to start to live with the boyfriend when you are 17?

I have a boyfriend, but we live in different cities. In 6 months I move to his city to take a higher education and I suggested him to live together. Is it right decision, or it's too early when we are together only 7 months?Is it ok to start to live with the boyfriend when you are 17??
  • Yes, It's ok
  • No, it's too early
  • Other
    Vote C

2115

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine there are a lot of benefits to living together, I would encourage you to have a plan B before you go. Look at other apartments, know how much it will cost and be ready to get your own place if you need to for any reason. Honestly, if you can afford your own place, you should probably go that route anyway. No harm if you stay at each other's apartments a few days out of the week, it'll give you the space you need if you have any problems, if you want to get away for a day or two and not be bugged to death, etc. I don't advocate moving to a new city and into an apartment together if you weren't living together before he moved there. Mainly because you are absolutely new to the city, if your relationship goes sideways at all, you will have to stay with him and won't have any good options. Once you've lived in that city six months or a year guilty will knows the how and when and where of ideal apartments, jobs, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's too early and 17 is too young to be moving in with a SO. Your relationship has only been going on for 7 months but you both live in different cities, not like you were in physical space together on a daily or nearly daily basis. Also, in my opinion, if you can't afford to live on your own you shouldn't be shacking up with anyone. If you're parents have to pay for your half of the expenses you're not ready. Their paying your half and he's paying his half, trust me that is financial arguments already in the making. You want the full College experience, live in a dorm or an apartment with other students.

• The problem is that wouldn't mind to live with other students if the conditions weren't that bad... In my country everything is pretty bad with places to live for students...

• You look till you find something decent with other students. Any students from your current school going to same College? Or can't you go to College in hometown?

• I'm going to go there on my own. I don't want to stay at my hometown. I need a bit more freedom