Someone please, I need an explanation about male - female friendships! I never had a male friend before?

I have a married male colleague to whom I feel quite comfortable around. We see eachother every weekend and hang with a group of people. We're starting the side job together. Last time we were texting he said it is going to be great, I told him I believe him and that he is very persuasive person cause this job of ours was HIS idea that HE got ME so excited about. But I'VE decided to let myself be flown by the stream so will see where it take us (ment that I'm very impatient and it goes very slow for my taste). He replyed that it sounds as if he thinks only about himself. I said that I wouldn't be doing it if I did't want to, but that he has to admit he is a peace of work for how he lured me to it in the first place (it lasted a year from the time he asked me till it started). He understood it as me being interested in him and he joked about it the next day. I was emabarrassed and said that I didn't mean it that way. At one point he got up as to go check something and as passing behind me, he put one hand on one of my shoulder and the other hand on my other upper arm. When he was returning he brushed his chest on my back and there was enough space behind me to pass without touching me. As I am being introvert, I went home without telling him bye as usuall. Later that day he texted me about that job and he said that we don't have to hurry and that there is a life ahead of us. Just to injoy ourselves until it rolls up. I assumed he tried to tell me we're ok, cause I would't want to mess our friendship?
Then yesterday after I texted him a joke, I got a meme from him: Olive and Popeye speaking. Olive said:" Darling, if I kiss another guy, but love you, does that mean I'm cheating?" Popeye answers: "Darling, if I hit you with left hand and I'm right-handed does that mean I hit you?" My God, could he misunderstood that big that I want him to cheat or this is just a joke, but I'm seeing it wrong?
2
1