Have ever dated someone you don’t care about because you don’t wanna be single?

Have ever dated someone you don’t care about because you don’t wanna be single?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly yes. And that just makes you feel even worse after a while, because you begin to resent them for being happy having you when you're secretly still single in your own mind.

In the end, it's over all better to focus on yourself, and fix the damage causing that gaping hole that you're trying to fill with other people.

Self love really does need to come first. Some people might think that they can lean to love others first, but what happens if you lose them before learning to love yourself? You completely fall apart, and have to start all over again. You're in constant fear of this, and that's no way to live.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This seems like a pretty desperate thing to do just to avoid being single. Everyone should be confident enough to feel comfortable being alone and independent if they want to make a relationship last. I'd say anyone doing this is not doing them or their lover any favors in the long run. Don't let insecurities or society pressure you in believing you have to be in a relationship!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 24

• No, never, that's the worst thing to do... No one need to be lied and led on

4|2
    1|0
  • Up until about three weeks ago that was the case with all of my "relationships." I didn't really care about them, they didn't really care about me, but they kept me around because I was a sure thing and I kept them around because I liked waking up in the arms of a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • The polls lie because most relationships are people who just ant to have a S. O, hence the less than stellar sex lives and stupid fights. But no I don't do that shit, I'd rather die alone.

2|1
    0|0
  • I told the guy the whole time I was not intressed in anything serious or a relationship or something like that. He respected it and agreed but still we would hang out, sleep over and go on the occasional date. If there are 0.0 romantic feelings on both sides you can easily do it, dating just to have someone to rely on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have when I was younger.. made that mistake and ended up pregnant.. I love my child to death though

3|1
    0|0
  • No but unfortunately that's what dating has become to a lot of people nowadays.

2|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. Better to be single than to be miserable.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I’d rather be single than in a relationship where I’m not happy.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Getting in relationships just for the sake of it is like the stupidest thing one can do. You'll only end up hurting your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that would be incredibly rude to the other person, I get loneliness can be scary but it's no reason to drag yourself into a relationship without feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Once I realize were not compatable I break up with them

0|0
    0|0
  • No, being signle isn't awful, being around someone I dislike is awful.

2|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't date just for the sake of being in a relationship.

3|0
    0|0
  • No that's using someone out loneliness and it's just a waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would rather be single then be in a relationship with someone i dont like

1|1
    0|0
  • Never done that but that's how it was with my ex because he didn't wanna be single and alone

0|0
    0|0
  • No my brain will physically not allow it - I have to like and care about you to be around you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Im better alone

1|2
    0|0
  • yea i have couple of times

0|2
    1|0
  • Neverrr

1|1
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sorry to say that I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL YEAH

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• This is fucking pathetic πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I dated the chick cause i had no realistic reason to reject her she was a woman i a man (boy) she was single as i. She had an interest. I wanted to see what its like when someone dates someone they're not really trying to be with. Took a chance to see if love could develop. Not enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't believe its not 100%. No.
    That's not very smart because neither of you will be happy in the end. I bet the people that do that also end up wondering why it didn't work out. Like are you serious? C'mon people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, but I know people who did that. They are so ashamed and embarrassed to be single that they would date someone they weren't even attracted to or even compatible with just so they aren't single.

I loathe those people and I don't respect them because they don't respect themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Better lonely than miserable in a relationship you dont want to be in, so no never. I've had opportunities to get into relationships I wasn't interested in.. but I managed to keep my dick in my pants and say no. Its not worth it or fair.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's an awful thing to do to someone. You're wasting their life for your own comfort

3|0
    0|0
  • I simply can't. For me dating is something serious and not just hi... Fuck. And enjoying personal life. So ya nope.

2|0
    0|0
  • Once did that. I used to see an ex that did not care about me either to do some fun things together. Like movies, games, shows or casual sex. It was way better than our relationship πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I said yes. Although, I would never do it again. It is so much better to be content with who you are and be single than jump into a relationship just to be in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loneliness is preferable to a dysfunctional relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but we both talked about it and just felt lonely so we would do relationship things without the actual attachment

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do that's fucked up and you deserve to be alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think two things, or people here dates a lot, or they are lying

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm single whole life so I don't care about beign single

0|0
    0|0
  • It would have been the worst thing done by me.. definitely no

0|0
    0|0
  • Love dependency can be something you get over with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds really desperate.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would never do that

0|0
    0|0
  • You're an asshole if you do

0|0
    0|0
  • No thats dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's what desperate losers do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, why anyone will want lose time in such way

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if anything a girl has to try very hard and be worth committing to for me to consider stopping being single.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes