Boyfriend Isn't Okay With Me Posting Revealing Photos Online, but?

Here's the thing -- I'm not asking to post photos of me completely naked, it's more for Body Positivity and building up my own confidence in my own body. I love my boyfriend and I respect his wishes, but he views photos of scantily clad and nude women online so why can't I do the same?

I'm sure those women have boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives... why is it different for me? I'm his girlfriend, sure, and I can respect him not wanting other men to oogle over me, but he does the same thing for other women. He doesn't know them personally and never will, of course... but neither will all of those men who may happen to view my photos.

Is this wrong of me? I have a nice body and would love to show it off. I'm not trying to be unfaithful or break the trust in our relationship which is why I'd appreciate his consent. I've always struggled with my body image and I think this may help with improving that.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you tell him what you said here? Maybe he is insecure and afraid more men would start hitting on you and he would have to compete with them. And he is likely right.

1|0
    0|0
    • I said to him that I should start doing the same as the women he looks at online and he wasn't okay with it at all. He told me that I'm his and only he can look at my body.

• Show All
    • Thank you so much! I'll bring it up to him again, maybe this weekend, to see what he thinks. :)

• Glad I could help, keep us posted how it worked out :)

Most Helpful Girl

• well you are right and you should go ahead with this honey
    just talk to him and make him understand but if he doesn't get it then you should still go ahead

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• He's a hypocrite, but at the same time yes it's a bad thing to post revealing photos of yourself online that will be mostly ogled at by pervy men, not just for him but for you too. Why would you care so much about validation from strangers? Surely just getting in shape and having the people you know, especially your boyfriend, appreciate your body should be enough.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are right. Your boyfriend is thinking in a double moral. He has the opinion that this is okay for men but not for women. If you like it and feel comfortable, do it. You don´t need his allowance.
    If possible, let me know where I can see your pics. Or send me some using pm.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're both wrong. He should be consistent in his behavior and practice what he preaches, but I'd implore you to reconsider what you're doing.

If you have confidence issues the last thing you should do. Because if you can only gain confidence through the Internet you will become dependant on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well what both of you are doing is wrong. Of course your boyfriend is wrong to look at such pictures of women and you are also wrong for wanting to post revealing pictures online because that can make a boyfriend insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think it's wrong. I am happy that my girlfriend is not confidences enough to even wear mini skirts

1|0
    0|0
    • Now thats alil messed up bro maybe u should give her confidence. Its not always bout u

• Show All
    • No we don't believe in marriage and we don't want kids so we don't see any sence in marriage

• I'm sure he is fine with you looking at scantily clad/ naked men online. He just doesn't want you showing off for other men. Would you want him showing off for other women?

0|0
    0|0
  • If anything the fact that he's ogling other women online is quite disconcerting. There is nothing wrong with body positivity and receiving affirmation. It's good to know you have a nice body, it's even better when you feel that you do as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Body positivity
    I like that
    I going to use that

0|1
    0|0
    • It's true. Women should feel confident enough in their bodies to wear whatever they wish without feeling like they're unattractive in it. They should be able embrace their flaws and their bodies as they naturally are. If that means posing in revealing ways, then so be it.

• Women? and Men.

• Would you like it if your boyfriend posed in revealing ways to other women? Do you care about your boyfriend's feelings or do you just want to slut around?

• If he can look. You can show. Like, to me, please😁

0|0
    0|1
  • Would u like him posting revealing pics online?

1|0
    0|0
    • He doesn't exactly have a body for that. If there was a "men body positivity" thing going on, then I would be fine with that. But if he was posting his dick all over the place? No. I'm not asking to post completely naked photos of me online, however.

• Show All
    • Becoz he can't help it no guy can. And he should be giving u confidence or u should be getting confidence from him not random strangers online

• He's always doing things to show me how beautiful and sexy he finds me. Unfortunately, as somebody with low self-esteem, it can often times not be quite enough. I understand where you're coming from though. I can't lie and say this is purely for the goal of feeling more confident, it's also to show him that if he is going to look at girls online then I'm going to allow other guys to look at me the same way.

• It’s your body not his wtf is wrong with him 🙄🙄

1|0
    0|0
  • Time for a new boyfriend.

0|0
    0|1
  • i think if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, you shouldn't be commenting or posting pics for other people to see. this is why i do not like social media

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes