Boyfriend Isn't Okay With Me Posting Revealing Photos Online, but?

Here's the thing -- I'm not asking to post photos of me completely naked, it's more for Body Positivity and building up my own confidence in my own body. I love my boyfriend and I respect his wishes, but he views photos of scantily clad and nude women online so why can't I do the same?

I'm sure those women have boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives... why is it different for me? I'm his girlfriend, sure, and I can respect him not wanting other men to oogle over me, but he does the same thing for other women. He doesn't know them personally and never will, of course... but neither will all of those men who may happen to view my photos.

Is this wrong of me? I have a nice body and would love to show it off. I'm not trying to be unfaithful or break the trust in our relationship which is why I'd appreciate his consent. I've always struggled with my body image and I think this may help with improving that.

214

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you tell him what you said here? Maybe he is insecure and afraid more men would start hitting on you and he would have to compete with them. And he is likely right.

• I said to him that I should start doing the same as the women he looks at online and he wasn't okay with it at all. He told me that I'm his and only he can look at my body.

• Thank you so much! I'll bring it up to him again, maybe this weekend, to see what he thinks. :)

• Glad I could help, keep us posted how it worked out :)

Most Helpful Girl

• well you are right and you should go ahead with this honey
    just talk to him and make him understand but if he doesn't get it then you should still go ahead