How Could I Deal with A Coworker that won’t STOP Talking?

I have a coworker in my office, a female in her mid 30ies, single. She is gloomy, pessimistic, negative, and has a lot of psychological issues as well as problems with her religious affiliations.. She noticed everything and asks about everything!

She talks 8 to 5... I am sick and tired both psychologically and physically because of her. She has odd ideas and twisted in-natural way of thinking. She lets out her steam on me. She goes on and on !

I tried the “I’m busy method” , the headphones, the reading and focusing.. I even spend most of my working hours outside of my office either at someone else’s or in a meeting room.. I’d be pleased to read your suggestions on how to make her stop.

- the confrontational or straight forward approach is not an option as it would cause too much fuss...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Obviously, the only solution to is to convince her you are her enemy. Tell her you worship the devil. Tell her anything that you think will make her dislike you. Then she can spend her time gossiping about you but away from you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Tell her you make pottery with your feces for artistic purposes in your spare time. Then greet her with a pat on the back every morning so she gets uncomfortable.

• When the other coworkers aren't looking, stick your hand down your pants and rock back and forth in your chair while staring her dead in the eye.

• In all seriousness, you can actually just ask to be moved to a different part of the office.

• Fuck that would be so annoying. Let her know tbh u really dont have a choice but to be firm and upfront about it but it doesn't mean u have to be mean about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like being at work wasn't enough of a pain on the ass. I've found that approaching this delicate situation with subtly screaming "shut the fuck up! " can be effective.

0|0
    0|0
  • Set up a camera that points towards her? Not really needs to be switched on. Feeling 'public' usually slows down people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kill her!!

Or get a different job.

Pick the one you like best and go with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him to shut the fuck up. Nah dont do that just tell her that u have to work and that ehe needs to do the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you don't like it when she disturbs you while you are trying to work...

0|0
    0|0
  • Give her a box of chocolates you switched with chocolate laxatives

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask a manager to move after after explaining the situation

0|1
    0|0
  • Go to hr and tell them that she's harassing you, making it difficult for you to do your job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Duck tape her mouth shut... or.. get a tazer and zap her every time she talks lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I've met a few like that. Ur fucked. Lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get her laid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just movie to a different spot at work

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm
    Hire a male prostitute to seduce her.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is creating a 'Hostile Workplace' you need to ask her to stop, and say that what she is saying bothers you, and isn't appropriate. If she continues, say it again, and then say you will have to go to HR if she continues.
    If she continues, go to HR and file a complaint that she is saying things that are disruptive, offensive and creating a 'Hostile Work Environment', and USE THOSE WORDS! By law, HR MUST address the issue and resolve it, or you can sue them.

0|1
    0|0
    • No. You shouldn’t be trying to get someone in that much trouble. That’s awful advice

• @Imjust Sorry that I tried to help you!! I promise I won't ever do that again!!
      So just complaining and not wanting a solution, then...
      Good luck! : ) :)

• What did I compliment about? I just think there could be an alternative solution

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes