Do you think it’s a bad sign if the guy I’m dating OWNS a one bedroom condo?

I don’t know much about real estate, but I really want kids someday. Doesn’t the fact that he owns the place mean it’s his, for a long time? It’s a one bedroom, there’s no room for a family.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Owning a home does not mean you have to stay there forever, in fact buying an affordable home and paying down the mortgage is a really good way to build up equity to put towards a down payment on a larger home that would be suitable for a family in the future.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because he owns it doesn't mean he has to live there forever. He can sell it or rent it out when/if he decides that he wants to have kids.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I'm sure if need be he'd sell and move. You're thinking way too far down the line.
    If you like the guy, stick with it. You can discuss living arrangements in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • Did he buy it before he met you? If he did then he wasn't thinking about a family at that time.

But if his circumstances change and a family becomes a probability for him, he can sell it and will have the deposit for a larger property.

0|0
    0|0
  • He owns it, he can sell it, and buy a larger home as needed. Simple as that.

1|1
    0|0
  • He probably didn't have money for a house when he bought it. People usually buy condos because they are cheaper.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is waiting for a woman to pitch in her half so they could buy a house together. Or does she bring nothing to the relationship?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its and investment westher its a bachelor sweet or a single family home. Who are you to judge... do you own anything?

0|1
    0|0
  • You know, when people get married, they usually buy a bigger place.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can resell it. Not a big deal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Owning a condo means nothing. He is single man. Does not have kids etc What would he do in a big house? Plus there is financial reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh... you can always move...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes