Should I give up?

While I was deployed my fiance sent me "Dear John" messages. She said she found this guy who she trusts 100% and was so ambitious it was contagious. She told me she had already slept with him and they go on dates all the time. Honestly I could care less if she cheats or lies or whatever. I love her for her and her personality even if that means she isn't faithful. She recently told me that if I truly want her I shouldn't lose hope and whatnot but right now she just wants to be friends. She hardly tells me what's on her mind anymore and she hasn't said a word of this to her family yet. She said she wants to pretend like everything is okay around her family and stuff so honestly I'm just lost. Should I give up on being in a relationship with her and just be there as a friend or should I hold out hope that she just wanted to experiment with someone else and she still loves me enough to be my wife one day?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• You know why she hasn’t mentioned it to her family? Because that would make her a bi$ch! And she knows the backlash she will get from her family as a result! And rightly so! When a man or woman sacrifices to go off to serve his community and country, he needs a strong support base at home waiting for him! Not drama!. Stupid, stupid girl! There are many, many young woman who would be very loyal, and proud to stand by their serving Armed Forces Fiancé. You deserve that! Thank you for serving!

Most Helpful Guy

• Mate, I'd give up. Clearly she has ! Sorry to say it to you.
    Also, her wanting to keep it a secret to her family is blatant abuse towards you... I'd have no part in that game.
    Move on, or you'll end up sad.