Am I hoping for a lost cause here?

Basically, I am a 25 year old guy that has just been broken up with. I have stopped eating because of it and rarely get any sleep, which means effectively my students are getting a raw deal as I am always at school absolutely exhausted. I was with a girl I met at university for three and a half years. I was in my last year when she was in her first. We both played the same sport that's how we met, and she was everything I've ever looked for in a girl. Two weeks ago she was dragging me round estate agents so that we could find a house together, but on Friday (my birthday) she came to see me (she is studying to be a teacher too at another university about a 5/6 hour drive away) and didn't have a card or a gift; I was shocked by this but was so happy to see her it didn't bother me. We went out on the Saturday and had a great time, When we got up on the Sunday she said that she'd been thinking about about our relationship and needed to have a break. We were about to spend the week together so I was really upset but said OK. Two days later she called me and told me she wanted to break up as she wasn't sure she was in love with me anymore. A couple of days later I woke up in the middle of the night and drive to see her. After the six hour journey she saw me for forty five minutes and saw me get out of the car and saw me crying but drove off. You know the sort of crying when you can't control yourself, I was an absolute mess. Since this she said that she doesn't want to talk to me for a while and needs time to focus on her course; I've talked to a few friends who told me that I need to let it go but I am really struggling, I just don't think she realizes everything that I have done for her and how much I love her; I genuinely think we are perfect for each to her we just needed to get through this next six months of her course. I don't know what to do. I have loved her unconditionally for the time we've been together and put everything I could into this relationship. I am so low on confidence and feel like I'll never meet anyone like her again. I loved her after four days and knew that I wanted to spend my life with her. IS she ever going to realize that I am a good guy who tries his best for her. What can I do, I feel like I'm the worst person in the world right now. I want to give her the space and time she needs but I am really struggling to not call her and email her, not that she replies but I just keep holding on to stupid hope that she'll realize what we have. Please help
Am I hoping for a lost cause here?
Add Opinion