In your own opinion how would you make your relationship with your SO last?

I don't want to hear it. Not going to last because some do..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) communication, talk with each other, about lives, pets, movies etc
    2) dates, married or not, dates are important, play bowling, ice skate, movie, beach, a drive, cafe hopping enjoy those together
    3) be intimate, no not sex kind, but give him a massage when he's tired, or ask him to give you want, flirt with him, or such, play around with him
    4) be intimate😏 hahaha

4|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Both of you should make sure to be understanding and compassionate and considerate of each other's feelings and needs. Because in the process of getting to know each other *which is a never ending process* both of you may have to compromise on things to make your partner happy (or for them to make you happy). So put their happiness above yours. But it's really important at the same time to know that your feelings for each other are real even after the honeymoon phase. Otherwise the relationship will most likely fail. Because once it starts getting a bit more complicated (a fight or a conflict or a misunderstanding) most couples who have only thought they were in love won't really find a way to deal with their problems, or will simply lose their patience to solve whatever complications they have.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Don't let your book be a childrens story, meaning you should never expect you will live happily ever after. To have your partner lasting long, they have to be infatuated by you all the time. I myself never give too much away and tease women about my life, i expect the same from them. You have to be someone that they will never be able to find anywhere else.

2|0
    0|0
  • Going on 10 years here. Never been better and the things that made my couple last I think are: 1 we have lived a good couple life before having kids (traveling and all kinds of good times) 2 we communicate very well and we both adapt to the situations. 3 We support eachother on a day to day base but also get involved long run.

3|0
    0|0
  • Curtains only hide lies and assassins, and therefore you should never put on a facade.

If you are moving in together, make sure that you have solitary spaces for withdrawing when you need to.

Dreams of your future are good, but make them attainable. Likewise you have to be able to shoot down bad dreams before they take root.

2|0
    0|0
  • The little things matter, opportunities to be romantic in small ways. Gift giving. Staying interested in each other's lives. Shared activities. Occasionally spicing up the bedroom. Communication is also key.

1|0
    0|0
  • Open communication, sacrifice, a common goal, a good foundation, and a healthy intimate life with eachother

4|1
    0|0
  • Be honest no matter what even a small lie can tear your relationship apart

5|1
    0|0
  • Show the true content of the heart
    And hope for the best

4|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather give stuntbrain's opinion, but I'm locked into these silly rules. Listen and engage in communication. Never go to bed angry. Put that person's needs ahead of your own.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both people in a relationship need to make the other feel emotionally like they are the most important person to their SO. That includes not breaking plans with them to go hang out with friends and giving the SO more attention than they do to others (friends, relatives, etc.)

Both people need to tell each other how they feel. Not all the time because then it doesn't seem genuine, but occasionally be all mushy and express their feelings. If it is too hard then write it in a hand made card to give to them.

Both people need to initiate long hugs and intimacy so both of them feel needed and wanted. If it is too one sided then the person always initiating will start to feel like the other doesn't really care that much.

Those are the things I would do because those are the things I need for it to last.

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep changing things and keeping it interesting , doing a lot of things with each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Always be willing to push and work through it even if it gets tough

2|0
    0|0
  • Anal sex? Or i could give you the finger?
    The laughs people stay together because we see what? Opportunity for advancement! You freaks !

0|0
    1|0
  • With honesty and respect. And doing lots of things together

1|0
    0|0
  • By making sure she knows I really love her.

4|0
    0|0
  • Improve communication

1|0
    0|0
  • Who else's opinion would I give?

0|1
    1|0
  • Communication, respect, honesty, and effort.

1|0
    0|0
  • Respect yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be rich...

0|0
    1|0
  • Respect, Trust & Loyalty.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Choice is everything.
    Find someone you are really compatible.

If you are working too hard then it's not the one. Trying to change a relationship to what it can be in furure is lost cause. It should be just fine right now. Only minor issues comes up if it is the one.

2|0
    0|0
  • 4 things: honesty, trust, support and stability. Honesty is extremely important in creating that sense of trust and building relationship confidence. Being supportive of one another also makes each person much happier and feel that their SO always has their back. Stability in finances is also very important. Not saying we have to be rich, but realistically not being financially stable can even drive the most in love couples apart. There is certainly more, but these are the first to come to mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • (H) onesty and (c) ommunication, and (a) ffection
    remember
    (H) am Honesty
    (A) nd Affection
    (C) orn Communication

2|0
    0|0
  • Keeping the lines of communication open. This is critical for any long term relationship, so that both people are getting what they want out of it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Just be you. If it's gonna last it will, if not better to know sooner.

2|0
    0|0
  • Lots and lots of laughter along with tons of affection... going on ten years strong

1|0
    0|0
  • I made things interesting and not the same everyday

1|0
    0|0
  • Communication and compromise. Those are vital factors in any healthy and successful relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to give him some space so you guys won't get too bored of each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great sex

0|0
    1|1
  • You can't do anything right enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try my hardest everyday

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes