If you were rich, would your future partner's financial status matter?

• It would matter (why?)
    Vote A
  • It wouldn't matter (why?)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't choose people based on their financial status. I have no right to do that because financial status doesn't represent character. A rich person could be evil, a poor person could be great and vice versa. Our upbringing matters a lot too, I wasn't brought up in a way that would make me judge people on a financial basis.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It would matter only in the context that someone should be interested in finding something fulfilling in their life. I would happily support someone if I were rich and they wanted to work with charities, or something like that. But not if they were just laying around the house doing nothing.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• No. I'm a guy, why would I care about that? I'd be a paranoid rich person though. I'd be the type who would like of keep it secret to makes sure a woman loved me and when/if she proved she just loved me rich or poor then I'd reveal I was rich. Did you ever see "Coming to America"?

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter unless it's due to her just being lazy. As long as she's doing things and being reasonably productive, it doesn't matter. For that matter, even if she's rich I'd still expect her to do things and be productive.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was "rich" rich, it wouldn't matter to me.
    At certain point you can pay for another person without jeopardizing your own standard of living.

I don't have a problem with supporting someone I trust, it is when I need to lower my standard of living that it would become a problem.
    Ironically, that is more of an issue in the lower tax brackets, rather than higher.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't care aside from wanting them to be financially sufficient and not looking for a sugar daddy. not that i wouldn't be willing to be the financial lead in the house i just want a partner who's looking to be kept

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how rich we are talking here. Rich enough to buy some land, build on it, and neither of us to ever need to work? Then no, it wouldn’t really matter at all. All that would really matter is my ability to stiff out a gold digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... Because you want someone in your life to love and live with so you can build your future with him/her ..
    You don't marry anyone for his\her money unless YOU ARE A GOLDDIGGER LOH haha >>those people are just disgusting..

0|0
    0|0
  • If they want to work they can, if they don't want to work much that's also fine, as long as they aren't leeching off me (gold digging) I wouldn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were rich it wouldn't matter. However, I would make sure that I have contingencies so I don't get taken for a ride and my money goes with her.

2|0
    0|0
  • I couldn’t care less if my partner was well to do or not regardless how much money i have, i mean if we had monry it would be fun to do things like go on vacation, but if i love them, i love them for who they are not their bank account

0|0
    0|0
  • In general it wouldn't matter. However if someone is in a poor financial situation because she spends left, right, and center it would bother me because that reflects a poor personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am rich, and it doesn't matter.

What does matter is intelligence, education, sweetness, and attractiveness.

I have never met an available woman who makes more than I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money is necessity for existing in today's society
    If I had plenty to support myself and a partner then it would not matter the slightest for the right partner

0|0
    0|0
  • It would matter to a certain degree. I don't want a homeless person as a partner. That would only drag me down. I'd want someone with at least as much financial stability as me.

1|0
    0|0
  • She needs to know what it's like to grind her own money so that she would appreciate money that I've grinded. So yeah, it's matters a ton.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would matter for me, i don’t want a woman who relies on me and just does nothing. at least some sort of responsibility or attempt to do something

0|0
    0|0
  • Ir wouldn't even matter if I'm not rich. That's the most unimportant thing in a relationship I can imagine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't date anyone who can't support themselves financial or is simply irresponsible.

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't because rich girls are most times so much pickier. Less rich people can be really attractive too!

0|0
    0|0
    • But their kindness and stuff do matter with that. Not that she's a golddigger.

• I don't care what they make. We are together so my money is hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn’t matter because you can definitely support two or more people by yourself if you’re rich

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• It kinda does bc they might try and use me just for my money, but if he has his own then there's rlly no need for him to do that. I wouldn't care that much judt knowing how I am if i am inlove, but if i was to snap back into reality, people are cruel and not everyone has good intentions do its good to put it into consideration but not base the whole thing off that. Maybe I would share my money and let him use it wisely so he can have his own then but I'm not getting used...

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it doesn't matter now so I don't think I'd care either way unless they were only with me for my money

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn’t matter either way. As long as he’s working or has some sort of income, then it doesn’t matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone was in crippling debt and couldn't do it him/herself then nah. They don't have to be rich, but if they're carrying over $10,000 in debt and expect me the richer one to just pay it off for them with our financial union that's a turn off. If I was super rich then I'd probably pay for it as a gift but I'd want them to already have a plan and diligently been working towards it for 6 months.

its not about what you make, it's about what you spend and they can have an hourly job but they must have financial literacy skills and be able to follow through their financial goals so they can adhere to mine when they have access to my funds

0|0
    0|0
  • His financial status wouldn't matter even if I were poor

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was rich due to getting a good education and working hard and being smart it would matter a lot. If I get together with a guy we have to be able to share the decision making, share the expense, share the worries that come with life, not him leaning on me for money and decision making all of the time. I would feel as if I am taking care of a baby instead of with a real man. I would also want to be sure he is with me for me not my money or an easier life. And I would want a man who can string long complicated sentences together and has brains not a boring idiot who is very dull to be with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. As long as they make some money and don't just waste their days spending mine, I'm good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Financial status wouldn't matter, the fact that they were motivated in life or not would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care... We have a decent standard of living. But even if we become poor we will be together.

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't matter as my money would be enough for both of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess if it wouldn't matter if Im not rich which is the case... if I were it would be normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in the slightest, more their work ethic rather than financial position

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't matter but i would prefer a hard working guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would never matter coz having fun and quality time doesn't matter with money

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only go with another rich guy

0|0
    0|1
  • Men need to have more money and too be a bit smarter than women for it to work long term

0|0
    0|0
    • ... and to be viewed as desirable by us women.

Recommended myTakes