What is the biggest mistake you've ever made in a relationship?

What is the biggest mistake you've ever made in a relationship?

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• My biggest mistake as a single guy was not walking through all those doors that women opened for me, instead of just a small fraction of them. As a young man I was good looking (6'1 blond hair, blue eyes, decent shape) and was getting hit on regularly. Some regular hits; some for sex straight up. But I wasn't very confident, and was moody at times. Sometimes I would turn down a guaranteed fuck to go skiing or to go to the bar with my friends.

Now in a 36 year monogamous marriage I can see I must have been an idiot when single. What they say about life it is true; you don't regret the things you did, you regret not doing the things you could have.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So just like what you advice me? of taking the plunge?

• Show All
    • I f I haven't been able to date or have a boyfriend or beign with guys, for more than 30 years and keep celibate all this time it was not because I have a internal problem it was due to lack if chances or opportunites that never presented to me

• @kitty71 I'm sorry that opportunities have not come up. But there are more men than women in Costa Rica. Here's some good news in your age group from the Costa Rica Demographics Profile 2018: 25-54 years: (male 1,092,504/female 1,078,458). In your age group there are slightly more males than females. And when you consider you are both beautiful and intelligent, you definitely should have "chances and opportunities." So jump haha! Good luck! You're a cool person and wish you the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being confused. Well it was my first relationship.
    I liked him. He was Catholic and I was not really focused on any religion but I was gonna be catholic for him but He broke up because he got upset over someone in his school that is a crack addict. She was very rude to me and she spread a whole rumor that I was Following him everywhere.
    That was such a crazy time. His brother also said I'm gonna be raped and he was around 13 probably 14 or 15 . Dang I can't really stop thinking about him because he was scares of his brother and everything.
    He didn't like that I was being confused about everything because his brother was messaging me and he didn't know until later.
    And his family wouldn't have wanted me to be with him :( I don't think.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 62

• Trusting an online woman , and believing that she loved me
    I was too stupid that was it , i gave it all and i got shit

0|6
    0|0
    • how can you give it all online and you haven't even met this person in real life. you should try to have real interactions with females instead. i just don't undrestand people who fall for each other online, as much as i tried to be comprehensive i just couldn't.

• @Janieyu you can't stop it , that is why the love is stupid

• Getting rid of all my things and moving half way across the world to marry someone who turned into an emotionally abusive narcissist

2|1
    0|0
  • Blocked. Unblocked. Sent friend request again. Became close again. Blocked again...

2 years and still regretting..

0|1
    0|0
  • Gave my class-ring to my ex-girlfriend to wear and she carelessly loss it. What hurts the most the class-ring was given to me by my Maternal Grandparents.

0|1
    0|0
  • Spending too much time together. I would literally sleep over at her house every chance I had because she wanted me. But in the end, I didn't focus much on myself and she didn't want to work it out. So that's where it all ends.

0|0
    0|0
  • just far to many things l was born to be honest and nice but l got shit girls cheat on me three times so l now have a problem with trust well thats life

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't propose her
    so don't even know what it was

the time we spent closely attached with each other emotionally was as a couple or just friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Got married
    100% of divorces started because if a marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • Not being loving, unconditionally and putting what they wanted and needed first. When u live someone u should put them before yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not wanting to see the truth about them. That no matter how much I loved her, deep down I knew she would never feel the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • "she's just a friend"... To me she was but she actually liked me so my girlfriend didn't take that so well

0|0
    0|0
  • Falling for my ex, giving her a necklace that said I loved her to the moon and back, and introducing her to my family

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it was giving them too much power over me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spending money by giving expensive gifts to her and after some time i get to knw she used me as her atm card... lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, have sex without a Condom on a first date, and now waiting for pregnancy test results, as she has some weird stomach pains.

0|0
    0|0
  • didn't really have one but i shouldn't have tried to start one either

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretending to be in love

0|2
    0|0
  • Trying to fix her problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ending one that was never bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 43

• Making bad Choices with a Husband I left out in Egypt... xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting to attached to the person to soon.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm I've been with my hubby forever so I'm sure I've made plenty of mistakes that I can't even remember anymore 🤔 I would have to guess it would be not going to him first with my problems. When we were much younger I would go to my sister or friend first and it really upset him. Looking back now I can see why.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wanna sound like a stuck up and arrogant bitch, but I don't think I've made too many big mistakes. The thing I've regretted the most is dancing kinda closely with a platonic male friend at a party. A picture was taken and sent to the guy I am involved with, and I've had to do a lot of explaining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Back in college, a guy was chasing me when I was in a relationship. After his hard work for few days, I kinda started liking him.
    I didn’t cheat on my boyfriend, but I do feel bad every time I think about the moment I spent with that guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cheer up. You don't have much to feel sorry for. And, you probably enjoyed the attention, no? You sound like a very loyal person.

• I wouldn’t say no for the attention part.
      I think be loyal is the basic basic rule. Although the guy is sick like hell, still need to break up first to start another relationship. Isn’t it?

• Yes, that's the honorable thing to do. You wouldn't want someone to lead you on while they were working on another relationship.

• Toss up between breaking up with a really good guy because I was still hung up on my ex, and spending five years dating and living with a total douche who mooched off me and degraded me emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not leaving him when I should have and staying with him even though he was betraying my trust, hurting my dog, lying to me, and doing shit behind my back. I should have left him but I was scared

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it would be wanting to date somebody who wasn't religious like me. He tried to sleep with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pooped on my bf's face out of excitement.. but it wasn't intentional. Still I feel I should have controlled myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • Letting myself get mistreated and taken for granted...
    And sending nudes

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting used by a friend just go after my ex boyfriend when we were together and I dump him. he cheated on me. give second chances. act too nice and now I don't act nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up with my girlfriend for expressing that she found my sister hot. :/ I was hot-headed back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Staying too long in a marriage that I perceived it wasn't going to work, but I still tried all solutions. That's how I failed myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not being able to communicate. Learned it only after my 15 yr marriage was all done n over with upon my request
    Invaluable lessons learned tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • My biggest mistake in my last relationship would be getting into it in the first place 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Beening to nice, Beening to nice letting them walk all over me

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in one.

Just kidding. I don't know. Probably getting rid of my virginity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was carrying it, while the guy was unreliable and eventually married him!

0|0
    0|0
  • I stopped seeing my friends, because when it came to choosing between the two, I would alway choose him.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend was not paying much attention to me so I had a long distance relationship to keep my self busy so I don't have to beg for his time

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes