Am I right to be upset about this?

Today I was supposed to see my boyfriend after work
This morning I told my boyfriend that I was sick today so Im not going to work and can't see him today
He called me in the morning to check how I am and told me to go doctors
And then he called me again after work to check how I am
And then he called me in the evening to check up on me again

I really wanted him to check up on me in person..
We live 40mins apart
Am I right to be upset?
  • Yes
  • No

1527

Most Helpful Guys

• Need more info. Did you tell him you have the plague and your grandma just gave birth to the antichrist and the a/c in your house isn't working?
    Bc if you have the plague then of course he's not coming over. That shit is contagious. Especially with no a/c.

Actually. Wait.

You told him you can't see him today. He respected what you told him. I really hope you didn't get angry at him. This poor guy is thinking about you all day and wants you to be well and takes time to check up on you as best as he can based on what you told him.

As a side note, i was with a girl. Its complicated. She had some stuff going on and couldnt come out. I drove to her house that evening to see her and bring her awesome food and do cool things to make her happy. And i sat outside in my car calling her phone. Texting her. No responses. It was late and i didn't want to wake up anyone else in her house. But i saw light from her room, looked like she was watching tv or something. didn't hear from her until the next day. Anyway after an hour or so i drove away. Heartbroken that i couldnt see her, that i couldnt be there for her.
    Do you know how much that hurts?
    Your boyfriend just wants you to be happy and he's respecting what you told him.

• While him dropping by would have been a nice bonus, but you should avoid assuming that largess is no more than your due. That you find him calling you three times to check on how you are doing to be inadequate speaks more to your sense of entitlement than it does to any negligence on his part.

You may wish to consider that he, too, had things to do with his day. You may wish to consider that a 40 minute drive - 80 minutes round trip - would have been too much considering he had no reason to believe that if you were not well enough to go out, you may not have been well enough to have visitors. You may wish to consider, based on the fact that he called you three times, that had you told him your illness was terminal, he would likely have been at your side in a heartbeat.

Forgive me, I do not wish to seem harsh, but you need to grow up. Instead of whining about the fact that you boyfriend did not come to see you with your minor illness, consider how many women (and men) did not hear from their s/o's at all. Maybe then you will get some perspective on your - ahem - problems.

Most Helpful Girls

• No. Just no. He's being super sweet by calling you 3 times to see how you are feeling. You just said to him that you're not able to see him. So he's following your directions here. If you wanted him to come over you should've said so on the phone. People can't read minds, you know.

• You are being unreasonable, he did more than most would. You are too needy, you need to sort that out or it will ruin your relationship and any others in the future.

• He did more than most would?
      Some guys will drive to check up on their girl

• If my boyfriend had a problem with my "demanding" attitude then he wouldve dumped me by now.
      he's a fitness trainer and a physio
      He can get another girl easily but he still chooses to be with me lmao
      Foolish people😂

• You fools make me laugh 😂😂