Dating a 21 year old guy who I keep catching checking other girls out, what should I do?

So basically im dating my boyfriend of 1 year who i trust but he has only had one girlfriend before me who he lost his virginity to and hasn't slept with anyone else after her except for me. I catch him checking out other girls a lot and im considering leaving him because i feel like he needs to go just sleep around and get it out of his system so he can just focus on me. He tells me he doesn't want me to do that, and he just wants me, but i dont believe him. What do you think?
Would dating an older guy help?

1233

Most Helpful Guys

• Agree with many posts on here. Very disrespectful to stare at other girls when he is with you. If the odd automatic glance then not too bad. An older guy would appreciate you a lot more but depends on the guy. I kind of try and protect , teach and totally adore a younger girfriend. Some older guys could get a bit power crazed though and see a younger girl as a their personal plaything and not serious long term.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you.

• Thank you. A lot of guys on here seem to believe that its out of their control, which is total BS because you control where you eyes go and what you think about

• True. I purposefully make sure I don't even look in the direction of any other women when I am out with a girl. Not, just to show respect, but I ain't stupid. Every single girl I have been out with stares at my eyes every time another girl walks past. lol So fabulously competitive

Most Helpful Girls

• I had the same problem :) I expressed my feelings towards him looking at other girls and he stopped, you are not over thinking, if he’s dating you he should be respecting you 24/7! There is no need to be looking at other girls when he has a perfect girl right in front of him :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • you're so sweet. Thanks for the advice. I have expressed how i feel and i still caught him looking at other girls. It hurts because i know he isn't doing it to hurt me but he seems to not care enough to stop himself.

• Guys do look at other girls I work in a male environment and can truly say some of them can be in marriages for years and still be looking at them.
    I know it sucks but in all honesty 9/10 they will come back to the girlfriend and wife’s it’s just sadly how there brain works x

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE