If you don't see a future with your partner, why do you still stay with them?

Lets say there's a couple
Been together for over 1 year
But one of them doesn't see a future with their current partner or dont know if they aree the one
Why still stay?
I dont get it.
Can someone explain?
Would you stay or leave if its in your situation?
  • Yeah I would still stay (why?)
  • Nah I would end it

1318

Most Helpful Guys

• some people want to stay in the relationship because they feel like they have already invested too much time, money, and effort into the current relationship so they don't want to just give it up and start over so they would rather just stay.

some may feel insecure about themselves, maybe they gained a lot of weight while being in the relationship now they think oh i'm fat or ugly, no one else would want me if i were to leave this relationship, so i guess i'll stay with this person.

personally i would not stay in the relationship because if all feelings are lost, i don't want to waste my time and her time. i rather just end things and move on instead of dragging it out.

• why? I would check the relationship how is everything going, is there somethings that I need to improve to make things better with my partner and is there something that I have being hiding from my partner things that need be fix and maybe can make the relationship better. if there is nothing to be fix or I need to improve on something then I would end it.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it depends on the age of the person. I still consider myself young and want to get experience with relationships before I meet someone who I will marry. I'm still meeting many people without the intent to marry but just to date, to have fun and get more experience so that I know what I want from the person I will eventually marry.

• But you get into relationships with people because you think that they're potential marriage material, and just want to see how things pan out without necessarily working towards marriage, right?

• Nope I would end it. There’s no point in stringing someone along like that. And it would just be a waste of time, when you could be out there finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.