If you don't see a future with your partner, why do you still stay with them?

Lets say there's a couple
Been together for over 1 year
But one of them doesn't see a future with their current partner or dont know if they aree the one
Why still stay?
I dont get it.
Can someone explain?
Would you stay or leave if its in your situation?
  • Yeah I would still stay (why?)
    Vote A
  • Nah I would end it
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• some people want to stay in the relationship because they feel like they have already invested too much time, money, and effort into the current relationship so they don't want to just give it up and start over so they would rather just stay.

some may feel insecure about themselves, maybe they gained a lot of weight while being in the relationship now they think oh i'm fat or ugly, no one else would want me if i were to leave this relationship, so i guess i'll stay with this person.

personally i would not stay in the relationship because if all feelings are lost, i don't want to waste my time and her time. i rather just end things and move on instead of dragging it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • why? I would check the relationship how is everything going, is there somethings that I need to improve to make things better with my partner and is there something that I have being hiding from my partner things that need be fix and maybe can make the relationship better. if there is nothing to be fix or I need to improve on something then I would end it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it depends on the age of the person. I still consider myself young and want to get experience with relationships before I meet someone who I will marry. I'm still meeting many people without the intent to marry but just to date, to have fun and get more experience so that I know what I want from the person I will eventually marry.

0|0
    0|0
    • But you get into relationships with people because you think that they're potential marriage material, and just want to see how things pan out without necessarily working towards marriage, right?

• Nope I would end it. There’s no point in stringing someone along like that. And it would just be a waste of time, when you could be out there finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Why end it when it's still good, there's comfort, maybe friendship, maybe fun nights. Why end it when there's no body better available.. maybe if I met someone I felt more attracted to I can end it, but for now I don't want to be alone yet. That's the logic..

1|0
    3|0
  • I did this, but it was a bit more complicated we lived together. Stayed because it's just easier, comfortable, and to work on an exit strategy for the end of the relationship. Plus my ex stilled loved me, kind of hard to be like get out of my house.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose to be I a relationship because I want something. Nearly all men that I have seen are the same way. If they don't see a future, they just want the sex.

Personally, I want a partner and a homebuilder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hoping that the feelings will evolve.
    Not wanting to be alone.
    Enjoying the moment.
    Avoiding the pain of a breakup.
    Waiting for someone better to show up.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people don't end it until they have someone else in place first.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't see a future with my ex.
    I didn't end it, I let her end it.
    Less drama.

0|0
    3|0
  • Because they want to prove their thoughts wrong and see it to the end to prove to themselves that they found the "one".

0|0
    0|0
  • Because nobody can be 100% they can predict the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to stay but there's a lot of people that will

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay for the sex.

0|0
    1|0
  • Never know what's going to happen in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you're comfortable?

0|0
    0|0
  • its no use

0|0
    0|0
  • I will end

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I am a dude.
    Women get with men in the hopes they will have someone to get them through the rest of their life.
    Men get with a female because he likes spending time with her, we don't need a plan or have expectations of her.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I was with a guy for almost 7 years. I didn't find it till abhor 6 months before out 7 year that he didn't have plans or want to marry me. I ended that shit real quick it is pointless to be with someone if there is no future or one you can agree on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people stay for lots of reasons. It’s cheaper to keep them. They feel comfortable or use to the person. Or maybe they just don’t want to be alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • usually because they are so used to being in a relationship that they dont want to be single, or they are afraid of being lonely

0|0
    0|0
  • Fear

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not. It's pointless.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, what use will it be then?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay with him until I find another one, I don't like being alone that's boring.

0|0
    1|0
  • It depends on if the problems can be fixed or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay with me until it was right for me to go

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not fair to stay with a partner to avoid being lonely or whatever reason it is. It's also not fair to myself to stay in a relationship that doesn't have a future. I would say I'd rather be happy and let my partner be happy too by letting them go

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly because I haven't found anyone else to replace my boyfriend yet.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes