Can you remember the very first song you dedicated to a significant other?

I was 11 or 12 when I first had a real live girlfriend to dedicate songs to and Bryan Adams "Everything I do" was my go to song for about 3 years. (No matter the Girlfriend) Then I kinda phased it out as my music tastes grew. Only using it once since then.

What about you?

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• I am not sure this counts. It was a romantic home cooked meal. Started with o sole mio by Pavarotti, Caruso by luci, la prima cosa Bella by Nicola di Bari and l'ultimo romantic also by Nicola di Bari. There were many more songs but those were the big three while we enjoyed a 5 course homemade meal with wine. Was a very romantic night.

0|1
    0|0
  • I remember the days when people were dedicating Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" to their loved ones. I remember a guy trying to serenade his crush by turning on a mic and trying to sing this very challenging song in front of the entire school - while I have to concede he was very brave to do so, the experience was memorable to me solely because he was tone deaf. Add that to a song that's challenging for even accomplished singers, and you have a recipe for disaster.

0|1
    0|0
    • And, having said that, I enjoyed Costner's Prince of Thieves. Hammy, but good sort of hammy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• Not sure if it was this particular version but I know it was this song
    Only God Could Stop Me Loving You </3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_geuhGrZswQ</a>

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't realize at the time that it was from the PoV of a girl that has been dumped, but "You Were Meant for Me" by Jewel with my 3rd boyfriend ever, at age 12.

Almost all of my relationship have ended after 3-8 months, so none of them were awarded a song.

Only 4 relationships, this one being the first of them, made it past 2 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I remember the first song dedicated to me. He dedicated at a talent show in which he sang it. Billy Joel's, Just The Way You Are. Always hated that song. lol

1|1
    0|0
  • The first song that my significant other ever dedicated to me was

1) Demolition Lovers - My Chemical Romance
    that was via text and a rough time we both went through together

2) Roadrunner United - Army of the Sun
    and the second one was about a year and a half after dating and when we knew we are forever, have been together for 8 years now

0|1
    0|0
  • I did call a radio station years ago and dedicated a song to my then-boyfriend. The song " Alone Again" by Dokken that guy broke my f***in heart and I will probably never get over him. 💔

0|1
    0|0
  • Summer - Calvin Harris. We were together for two years then I had to move and we decided long distance wasn’t going to work. We’re still really good friends though

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it was I'll Build You a Rome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VECI3keYKug

0|1
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • No but in the future i'll dedicate this to someone
    https://youtu.be/aBFE7yn3lso

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t remember. Which is a good thing because based on the guys I’ve dated, that would’ve ruined the song for me.

1|1
    1|0
  • I remember we had one but I honestly can't recall the song right now...

0|1
    0|0
  • People do that? Huh, I’ll keep that in mind someday XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... from this moment on by Shania Twain. To my bestfriend and the love of my whole world! Life... Bobby my angel face. 😚

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I dedicated a few but he never knew.
    Can't listen to them anymore lol.

1|1
    0|0
  • I remember the song that played when we went on our first date and thats about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was 13, was my first girlfriend and she liked Sleeping With Sirens, so I sang "If You Can't Hang" for her and it just sorta stuck.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ugh... It was I believe In you and Me by Whitney Houston i love that song lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Well i've had a song dedicated to me
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • Staind - It's been a while

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 25

• I don't really do that. But I do tend to associate songs with them in my own mind. My current girlfriend, I have associated this song with her for the past 5 years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzVZKhJoYa0

0|1
    0|0
  • i never dedicated a song to anyone until 2013, but my ex gf/first girlfriend kept sending me this song back 2002 because it was so popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YelGZjy0Tlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYHDfJDPDc

1|1
    0|0
  • not specifically dedicated, but I have song I can't listen to because they are so linked to them for me and hurt too much...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. Although, I do recall Adams' romantic ballad (the one you listed) to be one of the first romantic ballads I heard in my life. I was between 6 or 8 or so.

0|1
    0|0
  • nope.. And I tell any girlfriend, dont expect me to remember any thing like that. I appreciate the thought, but I am not wired to remember stuff like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • And I'd do anything for love... but I won't do that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it was some linkin park song. Shadow of the day, maybe.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hate Me by Blue October

It was after the break-up.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes it was “under the bridge “ by Red Hot Chili Peppers

0|1
    0|0
  • With you, by try hardninja we were both into Minecraft so it was the perfect song back then.

0|1
    0|0
  • a thousand miles by vannessa carlton and i sang it when i asked her to prom

0|1
    0|0
  • Scary, that is also the first song I dedicated to a loved one!

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope but I have songs in my head that remind me of certain past girlfriends

0|1
    0|0
  • Pfff I don't remember how old I was but the song was DJ. Alligator - Close to you

0|1
    0|0
  • Im confused, so a dedicated song is when you have it play on the radio or something?

0|0
    0|0
  • I was gonna call bullshit since there is no way in hell I remember what songs I dedicated to girls at that age but in your case the math adds up.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah - by usher...

0|1
    0|0
  • Buck cherry-crazy bitch

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey there Delilah - plain white tees

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys