What is something you regret doing for a significant other?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was your age (20), I spent a year driving 230 each way every weekend to see a girl, and then I moved there to be with her, even though there was hardly any work and I went deeply into debt to survive. Ultimately, I couldn't survive there, and had to move back to the Bay Area in order to get work. She moved with me, immediately got a good job, etc., but only stayed a month before she decided she couldn't handle living in the "big city", as she was from a tiny 1600-person town.

I made huge sacrifices for her, and she wasn't really willing to do much for me in the long run.

3|1
    0|0
  • going to my girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving instead of my own. I went to college in Minnesota with her and she lived in Wisconsin. So we drove to Wisconsin. I'm from Cali. We argued a lot so she would tell her family that I was the second coming of the third reich lol. They completely ignored me during dinner. My family is awesome. They wouldn't do that to her even if we were arguing all the time.

The reason why I say this was a mistake was that we have only been dating for 6 months. Another big mistake was that she moved into my dorm at 4. I would say in a serious relationship or any really take it slow and really get to know them before you meet their family, move in, sex, etc.

4|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nothing comes to mind, but I know there's a list I've forgotten. I used to be a doormat, and based my self worth on having a boyfriend, so I would let them walk all over me, use, and abuse me.

I guess the fact that I've forgotten is a good thing, since it's probably because I'm so happy now.

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend was starving himself because he couldn't afford to eat and I come from a moderately rich family so I can't taking him out for expensive meals because I've never had to worry about money. I thought I was helping him but when his pay cheque came in, he was determined to pay me almost every dime that I had spent on him. If I had known he planned on paying me back - I would have chosen cheaper foods to buy for him so he would have to pay me back less money then he felt compelled to do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 54

• I woke every morning at 4am and made breakfast for my girlfriend and took her into work every day for over a year. One day I had to go to work way early for a special event and I woke her up and made breakfast but told her I couldn't take her in and she was pissed at me for a while. She wasn't dependant on me or anything and had her own car but because I did it all the time it grew into an expectation rather than something to spend a little extra time with her.

5|1
    0|0
  • Devoting my life to her in very important years in my life 17-20. By this I mean working to pay for flights to visit her and spend on things for us but predominantly her. Neglecting my hobbies and passions because I felt guilty that I wasn't thinking of her and giving my undivided attention. You live and learn though so I suppose in the bigger picture it wouldn't be a regret, I just wouldn't do it again

2|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. I do wish I had not done some stupid stuff I did to my ex's, but I know I can't change it. I only have one ex who hates me and I deserve it from her for what I did. I like to move forward knowing I won't make those same mistakes. I love all my ex's as friends who helped me figure myself out. And they seem to feel the same way about me. I hope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha saying she could have one of my pair of drumsticks from a "famous" person I had come to possess haha I'd rather if I had one and gave it to her but I had the set :( ha

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh, nothing really, I'm happy with my integrity in most cases. It didn't always work out but shit happens. Life goes on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had one but I would regret not listening to her as much as I would like too... I have a tendency to zone out at times while people are talking me, really bad habit

0|0
    0|0
  • Not going to the prom and maybe getting a first kiss. I feel like I could’ve had a girlfriend. We were good friends and she admitted she’d bang me. But sadly I got banned from prom because the teachers are cucks

0|1
    0|0
  • Giving up on having children.
    Because upon breakup, it was a pure loss for me and I then realized how my ex bore no cost. So it's like I got to carry all the burden of an unfair arrangement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Writing a love letter to my now ex I wrote it when we were together but now that I see it was a mistake and she wasn’t worth anything

1|0
    0|0
  • nthing really. i don't beieve in regrets.

Well there's one, kind of. I want to have doctors from years ago try to physically section me for going to bars at 12am, like most people do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret allowing our relationship to take place. Because my parents turned it into a disaster by forcing us apart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a thing. You do what you do bc the person you are and if someone takes it for granted that privlage comes to an end

0|0
    0|0
  • A year ago, I went against my beliefs and became a Christian for my ex to try to please her. The experience was terrible. I do not mind Christians, or their religion. But the way my ex made it out to be was non-stop pressure. All I wanted to do was be happy with the person I was with. Instead, I was greeted with anxiety of whether or not I should show up to church the next day, knowing well that the only reason I was going was because of her. I lied to myself repeatedly, telling myself that "I am a Christian, I just didn't realize it." Or "This makes sense, it truly does!" It didn't, I couldn't grasp religion. All I could do was try to impress her. But in the end, I found out that the girl who pressured me to go into church and who was supposedly a "pure, full Christian" cheated on me in her bible camp. It was a true disappointment, but I still show respect to people who've adopted a religion, your beliefs are yours, not mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Flying out to another state to see her after she moved. It was two weeks of hell

0|2
    0|0
  • Letting her go out on her own. The single worst mistake I ever made.

1|0
    0|1
  • Dating a single mom. Definitely a learning experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Giving her a rose with a surprise message on it hidden with invisible ink.

0|0
    0|0
  • Investing 7 months with her at the end dumping me because I don't have much money for her to spend...

0|0
    0|0
    • That sucks man! But don't let that ruin you! She was a douche! Find a good girl my man! You will do it! Peace.

• Trying to change myself to be who they want me to be

1|0
    0|0
  • Being so in love that I overlooked some deep character flaws that always ends up breaking my heart

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• Every time he's self-lothing and feels like shit and you think you'll help him by feeling sorry for him and do shit to comfort him. Leaves you both feel like crap.

0|1
    0|0
  • My entire relationship with my ex. While the relationship with my ex taught me valuable lessons, I regret quite a few things. I was assaulted at work and he could not care less. A friend of mine gave me the bitter that he didn't give a shit about me. I regret not breaking it off sooner, I regret doing 75% of the work, and I regret that I felt like I was practically begging for him to love me the way I loved him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not breaking up with him sooner because I knew he wouldn’t be able to cope when I left, even though I was miserable and woefully dissatisfied with the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret giving the guy the time of day. 😐 I was younger and stupid and didn't know the game of life. He was older and I didn't know that people played with the words "I love you" yet lol I thought they were still magical~

0|0
    0|0
    • I also stayed awake from 1 am to 4 am although I had to get up at seven to wait until he got off of work.🙃 I wish I could go back and kick myself in the throat.

• I don't really regret anything I've done for them. I know I did things for them out of the love I had for them. Despite how things ended, I don't regret it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I regret facesitting on my boyfriend , I don't like it cauz I feel it's disgusting and irrespectful. But if my boyfriend likes it then I don't have a problem in giving him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Girl. You shouldn't feel disgusted about that. You should be happy he takes pleasure in you. But you know, in the end it is your body your choice so don't let anyone make you do what you feel is wrong. But if he is great to you, there is nothing wrong with facesitting. You should relax and try to enjoy it and have fun. If it still feels wrong. Then stand your ground and say it is not something you feel comfortable doing any more you do you!

• Facesitting is a gift.
      Embrace it babe it's amazing for the guy and the girl

• Giving him power, to allowed him to make me change myself to be how he wants me to be

2|0
    0|0
  • Not paying so much attention when i needed to be paying fully attentipn with him... i was just very very inmature back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wasting 3 years of my life waiting for someone who doesn't care

3|0
    0|0
  • I dont regret what I did for him. I regret that sometimes I didn't act like he deserve.

2|0
    0|0
  • Treating his like he was my world when I wasn't his

1|1
    0|0
  • For things like being mean...
    But we r still together

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never done something that I regret for him lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Cutting off friends just cause "they weren't good enough"

0|1
    0|0
  • sending nudes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I regret how we met

1|0
    0|0
  • Dropping everything and leaving everyone behind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont regret anything I do for love

0|2
    0|0
  • Fighting with my mom for him...

1|1
    0|0
  • Paying for a flight.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls