What is something you regret doing for a significant other?

3256

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was your age (20), I spent a year driving 230 each way every weekend to see a girl, and then I moved there to be with her, even though there was hardly any work and I went deeply into debt to survive. Ultimately, I couldn't survive there, and had to move back to the Bay Area in order to get work. She moved with me, immediately got a good job, etc., but only stayed a month before she decided she couldn't handle living in the "big city", as she was from a tiny 1600-person town.

I made huge sacrifices for her, and she wasn't really willing to do much for me in the long run.

• going to my girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving instead of my own. I went to college in Minnesota with her and she lived in Wisconsin. So we drove to Wisconsin. I'm from Cali. We argued a lot so she would tell her family that I was the second coming of the third reich lol. They completely ignored me during dinner. My family is awesome. They wouldn't do that to her even if we were arguing all the time.

The reason why I say this was a mistake was that we have only been dating for 6 months. Another big mistake was that she moved into my dorm at 4. I would say in a serious relationship or any really take it slow and really get to know them before you meet their family, move in, sex, etc.

Most Helpful Girls

• Nothing comes to mind, but I know there's a list I've forgotten. I used to be a doormat, and based my self worth on having a boyfriend, so I would let them walk all over me, use, and abuse me.

I guess the fact that I've forgotten is a good thing, since it's probably because I'm so happy now.

• My boyfriend was starving himself because he couldn't afford to eat and I come from a moderately rich family so I can't taking him out for expensive meals because I've never had to worry about money. I thought I was helping him but when his pay cheque came in, he was determined to pay me almost every dime that I had spent on him. If I had known he planned on paying me back - I would have chosen cheaper foods to buy for him so he would have to pay me back less money then he felt compelled to do.