Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be best friends and never like each other at some point?

Reflecting on my life, only 17 years so far, I realized that in almost all of my realetionships with guy best friends, both of us have liked each other at a point or at least showed interest. So, I want to ask everyone their opinion. Do you think it is possible for a guy and a girl to be best friends without liking each other at some point? Why? Or why not?Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be best friends and never like each other at some point?
  • Yes, in almost every guy and girl best friendship they like each other at some point
    Vote A
  • Half and half
    Vote B
  • No, they do not necessarily like each other at some point
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• As this seems to be a question best suited to a heterosexual perspective, I'm not sure if this will be useful but eh.
    I'm about as tight as it gets with my best friend, and because of the trust between us, I could potentially view her as a life companion (really the closest thing I can get to romantic attraction), but that's not an immense desire or anything.
    I also used to feel that way for another friend of mine, but seeing as he is a very straight dude, I quickly dismissed that train of thought.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you!! That was very useful!! Thank you for answering my question!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a boy best friend at one point and he was more like my little brother than anything. We were never attracted to each other and we helped each other with others relationships. Till this day, he is a little more grown up and has gotten into law school and looks all fancy shmancy now but I still see him like my little brother.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 4

• I've never had that. If I see someone as a friend, my feelings don't change to romantic in any point. A friend is someone I couldn't imagine liking in any other way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like my best friend and he likes me but it is not crushing. So no... there isn't always something like that in friendships. It would be just weird in my situation πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Jeez. If you don't like each other then it's impossible to be friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never liked my boy BFF

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes