My girlfriends social media bothers me, what should I do?

She has a ton of guys telling her she’s beautiful and trying to follow her/ DM. She has a lengthy sexual history and she’s literally always on her phone. I’m not going to tell her to delete it but it’s reallt starting to bother me.
Bump

3043

Most Helpful Girls

• A female with a social media account is going to have dudes creeping on her. That's just a fact of life.
    Unless she's specifically doing something to encourage this reaction, stop worrying about it. Feelings of jealousy are born out of feelings of inadequacy. Be confident. She's not going to go around banging these dudes. They're literally just the internet equivalent of dudes whistling at a girl on the street.
    Is it ok? Hell no it's creepy and embarrassing. But sadly it just comes with being a female in this day and age.

• We’ll I feel inadequate for legitimate reasons. She never cheated but she did break up with me, got with a lot of other men, and now I’m back with her. I’m thinking about breaking up because I don’t like who I’m turning into. Just turning into this insecure guy and that’s not me.

• It’s been 7 months. Gone to therapy and everything. I’m really trying to work through it.

• Why? If you're unhappy, why keep trying? If she's turning you into someone you don't like, get away from her.

• my ex would complain about me doing this and I was always loyal. I had pictures of us up and that I was taken I told him I couldn’t help it if random guys messaged me i always always would tell them to fuck off and block them. I was on my phone a lot because I don't know I just liked reading and watching videos on social media. Most times he’d be playing video games or on his own phone so it made no sense. Just ask her why she’s always on it and it bothers you if she cares about you she’ll come to a compromise but don’t overreact right away or accuse

Most Helpful Guys

• i can understand this. if these guys advances were entirely unsolicited it would be a lesser problem but it makes you wonder who exactly is in her social strata. are these real friends, legit acquaintances or just legions of male admirers who she really shouldn't have any connection with.

i feel like you should talk to her about it. tell it makes you feel uncomfortable. ask if these are real friends or just admirers from before knowing you and then suggest that maybe since you are in a relationship she sort of change her social media presence.

• Clearly its bothering you because she's not giving you enough attention that you have start caring about what she's doing and to me it sounds like she's treating you like a side-bitch. I'd speak to her about it and if she doesn't like it one bit, do the right thing and dump her because the one who is feeling insecure is you and meanwhile she's exploring her options with other men. If i was dating a girl and had lots of messages from other girls, i'd be trying to stop that. I've even deleted a girl friend who took interest in my relationships as i valued my girlfriend over a friend, no one is coming in between us and i'd never let my girlfriend feel the way you are feeling.