Do you think it’s a sign of insecurity to always post about your relationship on social media?

When you post about your relationship on social media all the time is it a sign of insecurity about the relationship?

85200

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on the content but excessive, overly "mushy" posts after the "honeymoon" phase usually leads me to believe they are compensating for a lack of romantic sustenance in the relationship or are trying to make the relationship appear stronger than it really is.

• yes, they say that the people who do this are usually those who are in toxic relationships and sadly I personally know a few people who do this on a constant basis are currently at war with each other on the down low.

seriously, if you're happy in your relationship or with life in general then you would feel very confident on your own and won't have the need to constantly tell the whole world about it as if you were trying to make an image of yourself or something

• thanks for the mho

• @Redeemed i understand that part but what I'm trying to explain is that the majority of people who do this, who have the need to tell the world about it are usually bullshitting and just doing this for the sole purpose of seeking attention.

• Totally Agree

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. There have been studies and articles on this as well. Just google “social media relationship insecure” and you’ll find tons. Here’s one: www.independent.co.uk/.../...s-nikki-a7530911.html

In my opinion, oversharing does mean you’re a little insecure because that’s basically what social media is for—making sure people know that the things we are most insecure about are what we’re supposedly most confident about. If you’re constantly pushing something about you in everyone’s face, then that means that part of you isn’t really that stable or strong so you continuously have to reinforce that statement.

• Think of it this way: if you’re having a really good time, would you always stop to take pictures, or would you just enjoy the moment and maybe take one or two photos later on? That’s how I can tell my real friends from my acquaintances. With my real close friends, we rarely take pictures until we’re saying goodbye or something really interesting happens because we’ve been spending real quality time with each other instead of being distracted “capturing the moment.”

• I think this almost exactly.

As a parent, and a photographer, I do endlessly take pictures. But I don’t post until the end of the day when all is said and done. But for me - taking pictures is part of what we do as we do it.

But I agree with the rest. If you constantly have to show how “happy” you are on social media with your relationship - you probably aren’t that happy or secure in what’s going on.

• I was gonna say I take pics of our fun together just like I do with our kids. But I do wait till our fun is over before I post I on fb for like family to our fun adventures. It would be rude to do it while spending time together.

• Either that or they're trying to overcompensate for the fact that one of them has a wondering eye. I remember this guy that was initially pretending to be single once started flirting with me on Facebook, then a couple of weeks later started constantly posting pictures of his girlfriend and ranting about how women don't respect his relationship. That was obviously him trying really hard to make people think he was actually being loyal to his girlfriend.

• I find it funny when one of them is posting how in love they are and the other is always posting about what they’d do if they were cheated on. Things that make ya wonder what’s going on behind the scenes 😂

• Not when its two tards, mind you the language, you have at hand. Whatever the real explenation is i smell thick and hevy smoke. Good call

• I have one friend who will start posting pics and declarations if undying love after a month or less.

And yeah, good call. Men like that are shits.