I’ve upset my girlfriend. Am I doing the right thing?

I’ve posted about this before, but I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Long story short, I completely forgot my GF’s birthday. We’ve been together a couple of months. We talked a little bit Wednesday (day after her bday), I apologised, and we haven’t spoken since.

I know she’s upset - I know I would be.

The reason I haven’t gotten in touch with her is because I’ve admitted I’m an idiot, that I forgot, that I apologise... I’ve bought her a nice little present and a card to make up. I just want to give her some time and space to think things through and make her mind up whether she wants us to continue or move on.

She’s coming here in less than a week, so I will give the present then and apologise profusely again.

I really like her. I honestly feel right at home with her and love her quirks and the way she is. Sure she’s quite (very) shy, but there’s something about her that ticks and makes me feel giddy every time I see her.

Am I doing the right thing in letting her get in touch?
1
1