Did you ever attend a wedding, how was the experience and did the experience change you as a person?

I went to a wedding yesterday. It was a beautiful experience. It was relaxing and peaceful, something different from a daily routine. Weddings are an opportunity for me reflect how beautiful love and life are. Weddings encourage me to get married, I start dreaming of my wedding. It is also an emotional experience, and it reminds you how beautiful life is and how beautiful marriage is.
It also teaches me to take relationships seriously, because for a lot of people, relationships and love have become a joke, a game and a time pass.
Somewhere they lack passion. You may laugh at me but I feel in the Romeo and Juliet type, where you can take a bullet for the other person. I believe in deep intense love. I am a typical person.
My dream is to get married one day. I have a crush, told my 11 year old cousin to tell him on whatsapp, and I didn't manage to get a reply from my 11 year old cousin yet. Pray for me guys. I just want the guy to find out about my feelings.
Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian
Royal weddings
Royal weddings
Pakistani celebrity couple- Aiza and Danish
Pakistani celebrity couple- Aiza and Danish
Pakistani celebrity with baby girl
Pakistani celebrity with baby girl

Indian Miss World of 1999 & Bollywood celebrity couple
Indian Miss World of 1999 & Bollywood celebrity couple

Pakistan's prime minister, former cricket captain Imran Khan with Jemima
Pakistan's prime minister, former cricket captain Imran Khan with Jemima

Imran Khan won the world cup for Pakistan and is now a Prime Minister. He made the former prime minister step down over a case of corruption of 300 billion rupees, and then using that money to buy flats in London. He got the former prime minister and his daughter jailed - the dad got jailed for 10 years and his daughter got jailed for 8 years. That guy had been a prime minister three times, and was cheating the country the entire time.

Imran Khan and Jemima did get divorced but the pair were very famous, they both have a lot of respect for each other, and they have two sons and a daughter. Imran Khan got married the third time. The second time, he married a British Pakistan BBC weather presenter called Reham Khan.
Updates:
disappointed by girls who called weddings a show off and a waste of money, I want to make sure they never have a grand wedding in life, but instead get married inside their house with parents and siblings only or court marriage. We earn money to spend on things that make us happy.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I wish to get married. I am Indian.

Don't worry about people over here. They're fools. They don't know importance of marriage.
    Marriage is a responsibility.
    They won't understand it.

I don't watch news so I don't know about Imran Khan

But I hate Pakistan , that's for sure.
    I hate Pakistan for its deeds and for their thoughts and actions.

Improve Pakistan improve

I attend marriages. At least one in a year.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't hate anybody In personal.
      Many good people live in Pakistan.

As for you, you're just another person who loves her nation.

I love my nation and you love yours

So there's no problem you or me.

• Show All
    • See, there's no point in discussion or debate. I don't know how to type "that" fast And tbh I don't have a very nice phone.

If you want, then copy paste the same things in my message box. I will take my time and reply whenever I want.

• Lmao. Feel free to reply whenever you can, I've learnt to be pateint so take your time listing out yout views 😉

• Ja, I have been to a wedding once when I was maybe 10 years old. It looked like a very big ceremony with giant cake, banquet, balloons, a stage, loud music, people dancing and drinking and it was extremely boooring for me to the end. We came there on noon and left at midnight. I felt irritated at that time.

"Weddings are an opportunity for me reflect how beautiful love and life are. Weddings encourage me to get married, I start dreaming of my wedding. It is also an emotional experience, and it reminds you how beautiful life is and how beautiful marriage is."

This is one of the biggest illusions people conclude just like people feel left out because they see posts on social media of their friends with their partner.
    Do not be fooled by either.

"My dream is to get married one day."

I noticed you said you start dreaming of your *wedding*. Add to it how you imagine weddings to be this makes one sign, that when girls say "i want to get married" they don't mean they want to actually get married but only throw the wedding ceremony and be the center of attention.

"Imran Khan and Jemima did get divorced but the pair were very famous, they both have a lot of respect for each other, and they have two sons and a daughter. Imran Khan got married the third time. The second time, he married a British Pakistan BBC weather presenter called Reham Khan."

More proof that marriages and overpriced weddings are a joke and nothing about love and there is nothing beautiful about it (other than finally divorcing 2 times?).

BUUUT
    Don't let my negativity spoil your dreams. I know I can be harsh with certain truths and that's why i'm sort of infamous.

@judgmentday I'm letting you know my opinion.

1|1
    0|0
    • lol
      I liked the plot twist at the end, the last three lines, I almost had a emotional breakdown, and almost got demotivated and heart broken but the last three lines made me smile.

• Show All
    • 6d

@Unit1 In the end, it is whatever it is, I just think the director should have gone back and made some edits to make that board smaller at least, and retconned it as the corrected and revised edition, and then all this stuff from mythbusters would then be irrelevant. I still find that whatever they come up with in fiction hardly ever applies to reality either way. Especially in regards to romance, "love", and that biggest load of bullshit "happily ever after", when clearly, that's all but a lie, because many unexpected things eventually can and will happen, and not all of them are going to be good, easy, nor comfy.

• 6d

@JudgmentDay i think the directors didn't know people are going to pay attention to the wooden board, So they took one, that seems to fit in by the eye for that scene. They didn't expect the viewers to actually stop and replay that scene.

Most Helpful Girls

• I only attended one wedding, my cousin's.
    It wasn't as I had imagined. Even during the exchange of vows at the church there was a lot of laughing and goofing around, also some teasing from his sister who was sitting nearby, which I think disrupted what should have been a sacred smooth ceremony.

But it wasn't my wedding.
    Afterward, still at the church, we went to talk with the newlyweds. Given that I haven't met the bride prior to that day, I introduced myself as cousin of the groom and congratulated her. She looked ecstatic to just be there, like a shining queen bee. She just stared at me and turned away, as if I hadn't said anything, or if I wasn't even there.
    The party itself was meh, but what I remember well is that moment at the church.
    Well, they got divorced a couple of years later and it turned out she was a lesbian, or so they say.

I myself got married last year, but I live far away from home and we didn't have a party. Definitely not my dream wedding, but it's what it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really enjoy the idea of two people having found one another and pledging to love one another for as long as they live. I've been to several weddings and been in a few, but my brothers was everything that family and love should be about. We'd never met his in-laws before the wedding because they lived so far away, but upon meeting their side of the family, everyone was incredibly welcoming and during the days before the wedding, every single family member and friend pitched in to help with anything they could---I mean hours and days of work, and no complaints. It was the same for my side. It was also nice to see another family like ours where most of the people had been married for decades.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• I've attended 4 weddings:
    -One of them was my Cousin's. It was nice. I was moved insofar as the crab legs were undercooked at the Reception
    -The next was my Step-Mother's Cousins or something. It was decent, got a nice hotel stay out of it (was paid, they had a real nice deal or something). Could've given two fucks about the actual wedding I knew next to no one, I was just there for the free booze and to drive my Step-Mom home after (also the three-day hotel stay in a Northern city).
    -The next was a 23-year-old sort-of friend from University who graduated only a couple months after I started and was marrying one of his former professors, a 45-year-old good-looking blonde who was already once-divorced. It was nice, I was happy for them especially because they're both nice people. He's a nice guy, was a virgin before he met her, she's a breath of fresh air and really warm and it's just nice to see an age-gap relationship succeed. Also it was moving for me because I mysef am in love with a woman much older than I am. Plus the booze was nice. They also have a kid together now, he managed to get her pregnant.
    -Last one was my former neighbour. They're also nice people, he and I used to go shooting at the range, so again I was happy for them. Not very moving aside the drinks. I guess I mean she was pregnant already and they had been wanting a kid and stuff and they're really nice so, all in all a happy time.

It's really just a wedding, at this point short of being Best Man it's nothing new for me.
    I mean, just go there, shut up and drink and enjoy. Aside that? Business as usual. Just two people signing their soul away.

1|0
    0|0
  • I attend weddings every now and then. They're an awesome experience. It's a memorable event for a marriage couple. We have our moments too. We can meet new people, our relatives, friends. I always have a feeling to marry my love in front of huge crowd. The more blessings the strong bonding we will have in our life. That's what I believe. Yes, attending weddings changed me as a person. Now I want to have a beautiful family.

1|0
    0|0
    • When I read the line, "the more blessings the strong the bonding," I felt proud of your mentality, a lot of people who say weddings are a waste of money and a show off, really disappoint me.

• Show All
    • @Love_yourself you can go without clothes and treatment and prevention options of diseases are completely different (taking medicine to cure something vs getting a flu shot to prevent something). That said those examples are irrelevant. Advice is different from a blessing but can help a relationship, so I admit I was somewhat wrong there. That said I don't think blessing or advice will make a relationship strong. The relationship still succeeds or fails based on the couple. A couple can fail with all the blessings in the world and a couple can succeed with none. So how are blessings powerful? what do they do for a relationship to make it more powerful?

• Also, I almost always wear glasses.

• I'm a mobile DJ. I've done around 350 weddings, so, yeah, I've seen a few.

Some have been very nice, and a few were scary and I don't expect they even survived the honeymoon (unless they were just complete idiots).

2|0
    0|0
  • Seems you got pretty inspired, i recommend skipping the cousin step and texting him yourself. Juat be careful not to scare him away with too much wedding talk as you seem very inspired🙂

2|0
    0|0
    • hahahahahaha
      thank you brother
      I can't text him because I lost my smart phone 3 years ago, I have a nokia phone with buttons, and he is kind of conservative, he will think I am characterless if I text him personally.

• My mom is so conservative and orthodox, she has this idea,
      "good girls don't fall in love,"
      "good girls don't fall in love first,"
      "good girls don't make the first step,"
      "good girls don't choose love marriage,"
      "good girls don't think about their wedding"
      My mom is like don't do anything, just sit at home and wait for his parents to ask for hand, or wait for a guy to fall in your love. Even though I believe in destiny but we have to be practical...

• I’ve been to a few over the years, it still gives me hope that I’ll one day have the same luck again. It usually reminds me of the person I wanted to marry and I see us up there exchanging vows and showing off our deep love in front of our loved ones.

I just enjoy the reception , I tend to always dance my ass off and hit up the open bar , dance with old ladies , etc. Most of the time I’m tipsy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been to several weddings, including my own! For the people attending the wedding, there's a lot of sitting around waiting for things to get started. For those actually in the wedding, there's a lot of stress, because there's so much protocol to remember, and worries about nothing going wrong.

The reception afterward is usually much better. Good food, drinking, music, dancing, or just plain sitting around and talking with friends and relatives.

1|0
    0|0
  • weddings are for the women. they fantasize about them and obsessively plan for months - sometimes years in advance. everything needs to be planned right down to the most minute detail.
    guys rent a suit and show up. as i understand, some even show up on time.
    we eloped and got married at a drive-thru ceremony. she was fine with it - and so was our bank account.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never attended a wedding and I'm rather glad for it. Seems pretty boring and pointless, especially given that statistically she will most likely divorce him within the next 3 years. I don't find marriage meaningful at all and currently don't plan on getting married. I want a long term comitted relationship but I don't see the point in marriage beyond tax benefits. In my opinion marriage just works as a distraction, couples can put so much time and money into a wedding that it can often break the couple up before the wedding or lead to a divorce not long after.

0|0
    1|2
    • My mother and step father have been together for 15 years and only got married this year, without a ceremony or crowd, just a tiny wedding. They love each other deeper than almost any couple I've met and they did fine together without a wedding, they are all the proof I need that marriage is pointless. What does it add to the relationship? Nothing. Yet some people even value getting married more than being in love. Why should anyone value marriage? please tell me, honestly I don't see any real point in it.

• Show All
    • 7d

@Nadim171 thanks for your comment are you 13 years old?

• 7d

Welcome, I'm 13 yes

• I have attended quite a few first because my parents had younger siblings and then my older sibling and my friends from school. It definitely gives you a chance to see people at there most expressive of their feelings and shows you what that love feels like through body language of the people. Good luck.

1|1
    0|0
  • Waste of money. I'm subscribing to sky, I don't bake a big cake, dress up in a top hat and invite 150 guests to swill champagne at my expense, it's just me signing a contract. Why should I have to give 150 freeloaders Champagne and cake evedytime I get married?

0|1
    1|0
    • Thank youuuuuuu , then when she leaves after 10 years you have to pay her for the rest of your life

• I've been to a few weddings. They were pretty nice ceremonies, and I'm glad that I went... weddings always make me sad though. I feel so lonely whenever I go to a wedding. I'm just sitting there like an asshole, never had a relationship last longer than 2 weeks and I'm nearly 26, while two people are celebrating their love.

1|0
    0|0
  • I went to my cousin Elizabeth's wedding. The experience was awesome and I was very happy for both of them, and very happy to have been there. (My parents are like the mom and dad from Fairly Odd Parents, there's always some excuse made up of why I can't go with them whenever they go somewhere nice). However, it didn't really change me at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Change you as a person? Huh? It’s just an expensive party.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well I went to a Asian wedding, every wedding is different especially in every culture.

• i attended lots of weddings before, but i find it very boring and frustrating now, almost everyone around me is getting married and my life is nowhere near of getting married and this is why i hate attending weddings, i just attend them for free food

1|1
    0|0
  • I've been to a number of them. Didn't think About love or marriage, or anything philosophical- just had a great time.

1|1
    0|0
  • The last wedding I went to was my brother Dani's wedding 7 months ago. I know it was a lot of work. It was alright minus the crying, being told I looked great dressing up, and being asked why I was still single.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, I've been to four weddings in the last six weeks and the only thing that is changed in me; the next wedding I'd like to attend to is my one... maybe 5 years from now on. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • It changed me personally by going from sober to not so much and it changed a bridesmaid I met there from horny to not so much

1|0
    0|0
  • Watched my best friend marry a looser. I didn't have the heart to stop her. I told her 2 years later after she divorced. Today we are still best friends.

2|0
    0|0
  • It was a fun experience going to a wedding for the 1st time but I wouldn't say it changed me or anything.

Mine's going to be an even bigger party.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• When I attended some weddings I was too young to remember something at all... But I love weddings, love is in the air 😍 and everything is so romantic 😊

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • I never went to a wedding I truly enjoyed but that's mostly because I'm an introvert and any kind of event involving loud music or a lot of people gathered together, is stressful to me.
    Every time I go to a wedding I tell myself I'll get married without a wedding, to avoid all that mess..

I'm sure it's a great experience for the bride and groom and their families and friends tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been to 2 weddings. The first one was long and I was in it. I didn't enjoy myself, I was about 10 at the time, and there was a lot of dancing.
    The second wedding I went to was shorter and I had a lot of fun, I was 21 and could legally drink. Food was good and there was a lot of dancing.

1|2
    0|0
    • Only 2 weddings? Lol

• 7d

@Q-tip-boy just 2. Not a lot of people getting married.

• 7d

Its difficult for the world to understand the importance of marriage nowadays. But I think I have been to 15-16 marriages all of them​ are successful except for a single marriage which was ruined due to Alcohol. Alcohol is highly dangerous. I don't know why people see it as an enjoyment thing.

• I was quite small, maybe 10-13. The first was a very nice event but I didn't know the bride or groom well, so, I was just in awe of her pretty dress. Mmm I think I went to another, the bride sang a song to the groom (and was I invited to the reception this time) I just remember the pretty colors though.

1|0
    0|0
  • The last wedding I went to was my brother's wedding when I was about four years old...
    It didn't change who I am though. All I remember from that day was having to suffer the terrifying experience of being a flower girl

2|1
    0|0
  • I was a bridesmaid and it was ok. I get that it has that romantic appeal but it was gay and boring for me. But after i had a drink and pigged out, I was dancing and having fun. It seemed cute and nice to me after that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have visited two but with one I was only 7 so I don't remember it. The other one was about a year ago but it was really casual so it wasn't a life changing experience.

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve been to too many weddings to count. Some were great, some were ok, some were cheesy. None of them really changed me as a person.

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to work with a local wedding company for a couple years so I've attended dozens of weddings for business purposes but only 1 as an adult that was of a friend. The experience didn't change me but I liked the work ones more since I wasn't accompanied by a person who hates carbs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love to attend weddings without any reason. It amuses me a lot. I enjoy them until there is any mysterious problems occur. I love to meet people who r also there just to enjoy the party.

1|0
    0|0
  • Been to several weddings only to know that its bullshit, a waste of MONEY (which id rather spend on something more useful) and well. A show off. 🤷‍♀️

0|2
    2|1
  • I did once when I was 5-6. It was boring and I hate weddings ever since.
    They are just a waste of time and money.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's was beautiful and romantic. I cried so beautiful it was

1|1
    0|0
  • I've been to so many weddings but my experience is the complete opposite. I just get like "what is the point of all this?" and nervous. Inviting 300+ people and showing off blah blah It's a waste of money. But of course it's their lives I'm no one to chime in how others should have their weddings. Personally I'd rather get married in a simple ceremony with people who actually are part of our lives and truly care and want to be there. But I'm a brown girl so I know that won't happen 🤗 our weddings are always long and over the top.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like going to weddings tbh i just like the food😂 but they are beautiful!

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been to weddings. They’ve never changed me. I’m aware that’s something I will never have 🤷‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
    • @Blonde401, Hey it may be a Haribo wedding ring, a reception in a social club with vol-u-vents on the menu, and Jon Cooper Clark performing the vows, but this sh1t is happening! lol

• Show All
    • @Blonde 401 So forget the fantastically charismatic groom, the selling point is the Northern geezer reading the vows!!! Yeah i get it! lol

• @AndrewMG haha no not what I mean! But who wouldn’t want to be a guest at that wedding 👀

• I agree weddings are on another level , but are you ready for everything that comes with marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes! Well I can't cook, but I am ready and I plan to get married at the age of 23, once uni is over, so I have 4 years to improve myself.

• Okay good for you

• It ok fun dance but sad knowing I am unable to get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have and not gonna lie it was boring haha

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes