My mother is a victim of my father?

I just had a long conversation with my mother about my upbringing and a lot of things she allowed to happen to me. She finally admitted to turning a blind eye to my abuse and then confessed certain things to me that I already suspected. Just like many young women who've been manipulated and shamed into submission by men who controlled them and many times impair their ability to love themselves, have a mind of their own or even be good mothers. She was a victim of my dad, he ruined her life, made her crazy, confused her and she took it out on me, her only daughter. I will say this only once more, women, men do not know who they are and what they really want. Be very careful while trusting too much, you need to love yourself and know who you are in order to love someone else and be a functioning adult. Men who crave submission are abusing you and nothing good can come from it.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you expect when you don't work and want to live on our neck?

0|0
    0|0
    • My dad ruined my mom's life by impregnating her, she was already from a broken home after her mother died and dad turned on her for her step mom. My dad promised to take care of her and took advantage. What he did is what many men eventually do to women all over the world, this is why first world justice systems protect women, they take from men to cover more than physical damages.

• Was he not taking care of her? Like satisfying the basic needs: home, food, medical insurance etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry for your past and for your mom's inability to be strong during that time period.
    I understand how that affects a child for life. But the key is to try to forget and forgive for you not them.
    My mom and dad were serving in the Marine Corps and my mom was rapped a few times during her stint in and was so depressed that she neglected me severely so did my dad.
    I was abused badly as a child not by them but by who I thought was my grandpa.
    My mom was a raging alcoholic who often ran my dad off which looking back he should've been a real dad back then.
    She has told me things that happened to her as a kid and a marine and while its so sad and part bullshit for her not being there for me I forgave my parents.
    Hopefully you and your mom can move forward with your relationship. I wish you both well in doing that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Nah this isn't a problem of men. It's a problem of narcissists

0|1
    1|0
    • Respect goes both ways, no one should be claiming superiority over another in a relationship. Team work makes the dream work so if it's a race to you, you're definitely in it for the wrong reasons, selfish ones. Men need to cleanse themselves of toxic masculinity and realize that women are people too.

• Just like women need to cleanse themselves of toxic feminity too. It goes both ways indeed

• Besides I never said anything about racing. Narcissism, look it up.

• Amen to that, sounds like a weekend of revelations, hope your mother feels better that she could tell you the truth and apologize.

1|0
    0|0
  • you can't love someone else, until you love yourself. i truly believe that

1|0
    0|0
  • You always have that magic word:
    No

0|0
    0|0
  • Amen i agree

0|0
    0|0