Is it love or is he just afraid of commitment now?

I'm talking to a guy that says he loves me (was not forced n he said it first) BUT he says he doesn't want to have a relationship because if we ever break up, we may stop talking and he doesn't want to lose me in any type of. He says if we stay friends that are talking to only each other and something upsetting happens, He knows that we will still talk after the incident. Should i believe his reason for not wanting a relationship or is he just playing me and is scared of commitment? He shows me he loves me in many different ways but the fact that he doesn't want a relationship makes him suspicious.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• if I like someone, if I want her I will definitely let her know rather than confusing her and showing insecurity. He wants to have you but not promising anything? Stay away... you will get hurt, expecting he may change his mind. May be he likes you as a good friend only. I had a similar situation, I was heart broken, when a girl I liked played me and start going out with one of friend, I had this nice female friend who saw the whole thing and supported me to get through, we were really good friends, it's so relief and fun to have a girl as a friend because you can say and share everything without thinking she'll get hurt emotionally, ofcourse she was way out of my league, I wasn't her only friend, I was heart broken, so wasn't looking for relationship and she didn't take advantage of the situation. After a year she started to give me some signals jokingly, I got serious and tried to tell her we are so good this way, I will miss it if something goes wrong. She got really cold with me for next few weeks, I tried to make things normal, felt selfish for pushing my friend away... urgh... the guilt was agonizing... anyways... we were back being normal after a fair few weeks... I was really surprised she never went into any relationship, until finally I told her I am seeing a chick (I am married with her now). We are still good friends, she is married and have kids, I have got kids, we live in two different continents, and talk about the old days. Anyways I am getting carried way... sorry for the wall of text.
    My advice to you is if he says he loves you but does not commit, don't fall for him, don't even be friends, he probably likes someone else and putting you on back burner. Don't get in a situation where you know you'll get hurt, because he will never commit. There are many great guys out there, who will not treat you as a second option. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• He just sees you as a good friend and those ways that he showed his 'love' are only care and concern one showed to good friends.
    Nothing can or will stop him if he really loves you and sees you in a romantic way.