Is it weird that I've never been in love?

I'm 23 and been single since... Well forever.
I've never been on a date, let alone having a serious relationship. Partly the reason for this is that I've weight issues. I figured nobody would ever be interested in me and so I focused on academics and other stuff.
Lately I realised that I don't have any friends who are single. Suddenly everyone is "with someone". Although I've never been bothered by it, I find myself wondering why I've never been in love? Anyone I've liked in the past has never liked me back. Some have even made me feel embarrassed for asking them out.
I feel like I'm repelling love somehow... Am I?

13