Is it ok for your boyfriend to call you idiot as a joke?

So recently I ate half of one of the most hottest chili's in the world, the Carolina reaper. I remember I was salivating a lot and had huge stomach pains that night, my boyfriend was really concerned and almost thought I'd need to see a doctor but I ended up getting over it. He was like "omg why did you do that" etc.

So I go to his parents house and I said to the parents (who are chili fanatics) "oh did he tell you I ate one half of a Carolina reaper because people didn't believe my chili tolerance" and the Dad says "ohhh you idiot" and my boyfriend chimes in and says "yeah Dad, I already told her how much of an idiot she was for doing that" and he was shaking his head.

I said in response "Oh, but you never called me an idiot, you just said I shouldn't have done that and it was a bad idea." And he says "yeahhh, I heavily implied it," laughing and all.

I know this is in jest, but does anyone think it is inappropriate, or am I just being too sensitive?

My boyfriend and bf's dad have a pretty dry sense of humour.

73

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not being overly sensitive. That's to be expected form women.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it pretty rude, your boyfriend should not be calling you an idiot or his dad period.