Is my boyfriend actually poor?

When we started dating, he was giving me money every month... like 500, 600, 700 euros. Taking me on trips and shopping. Even though I work. Now he gave me his card. I don't plan to use it. I told him it's stupid and makes me feel uncomfortable. He is planning a vacation for my birthday. It will also be one year since we started dating.

But he quit on the idea of buying a new car. He sold his old one and he told me he has to get used to public transportation cause it's cheap. He also sold a building and is starting to build a new one next year. Is he just investing all of his resources in that project or is he actually a bit poor? He only has one apartment and he is basically taking care of his parents. They have their own apartment and house but their income is very small. His bro doesn't have his own place, he lives at his girlfriend's now. I didn't know these things before. Is he telling me now cause I cost him too much?
  • Yes, he is kinda poor
  • No, he is ok
  • He is investing in that project, he has to save
    Vote C
  • He is getting poor
    Vote D
  • He doesn't wanna spend that much on you anymore
    Vote E
  • He doesn't really love you
    Vote F
  • Stop overthinking
    Vote G

113