Who broods over broken relationships more, gals or guys? 💔

Who broods over broken relationships more, gals or guys? 💔Who broods over broken relationships more, gals or guys? 💔

1859

Most Helpful Guys

• Males, because females usually are able to move on more quickly, due to access to a lot more potential mates, significantly fewer requirements for being dateable, and just being generally desired more.

So if a female loses a guy, it's like "Meh, there's 10 more trying to hump my leg. I guess I'll give one of them a shot for awhile."

If a male loses a female, he's like "Omg, when am I going to get another one? Will I even get another one?"

Only exception is if the female perceives the male she lost as a 9 or a 10. In which case, she will be devastated. Or if a male is high value, top 20%, and he can also easily find a different female. Either way, both are still damaged by it. But the rate at which they move on and the severity of their feelings over the breakup is determined by their desirability. Women have more desirability by default [excluding the top 20% of males, who have even more], hence breakups affect them less.

So, it's based on the rarity of the person they are with, along with their perceived capability of finding another mate.

• I guess, you're presupposing that there is less emotional attachment? Am I right?

• If the guy isn't a 9 or a 10? I'm not entirely sure. Subjective experience is difficult to measure. They could have a similar degree of attachment, but it just fades more quickly. Or, they could have less attachment. Women don't die for men, so I'm more likely to believe that men develop higher degrees of attachment. Maybe not on average, but capable of more attachment.

It's a convoluted subject. Especially when you get into "how does this person feel vs this person".

I can tell you that the actions of males vs the actions of females say something, to me. But I can't tell you what they feel. Unless we look up after-break up suicide rates, which will likely be mostly male: but we don't know if that's due to the breakup. And there's always the argument that "women deal with their emotions better".

So. Moot. i have no idea. I think men are usually more idealistic about love, whereas women are more practical about love, though.

• I'd say girls do, because after they reach 30-35, their ability to find new relationships can quickly disappear, and then all they have to do for the rest of their life is brood on all their past chances at happiness and how and why they all slipped away.

Meanwhile, guys are still capable of finding a girlfriend not only past their mid-30's, but into their 50's and 60's. I actually work with a guy who's almost 70 and he just got divorced by his wife of ten years and he already has a girlfriend and it's not even a year later.

• Women can age like a good wine I bet a few of you're friends would have a smirk on their faces saying tee hee that's right bro the more for meeeee!!!

• Dude your so pathetic absolutely pathetic! Hahahaha

Call me a tease a whore whatever the Fuk you want and need fact of the matter is your wrong!

Most Helpful Girls

• Men. They aren’t used to safely expressing their emotions. In the case of divorce, divorced men often feel abandoned with no one to turn to as the friends and even the children usually leave with the wife, of whom tends to be the predominant caregiver or organizer for get-togethers. Even widowers have statistically more difficult time mourning the loss of their wives as they feel they must be strong and hide their emotions. This contributes to an increased prevalence of suicide amongst divorced and widowed men.

• I think immediately would be probably girls, but after a while when the girl has started to make small, but still progress, on healing, the guy might start to think over the past relationship and reminisce.

However, the girl might never heal completely, as nobody probably does, but when she's been deeply hurt for a year or however long/short timeframe, and finds another good guy, her ex might be wanting her back. While she might think about the past and still feel hurt about it, she may or may not want her ex back, depending on her personality and life experiences.

(I said that probably nobody ever completely heals. Even if someone says they don't care about past relationships, there would be some behavioral oddness or defense mechanism that they use to suppress their feelings about past relationships.)

In summary, I think that both guys and girls would be bothered by their past relationships, just that the timing might be different. As for the degree, it may vary depending on the personality but not the gender.