Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?

Honesty is complex. White lies are allowed to at least keep the charade of what society says it's etiquette.

Why people seek so hard to know the truth when they know lies can make them happier?

Masochists or hypocrites?
I say BOTH! And you?Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Because the truth is harder to accept than the reality they paint for themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • When people say they want the truth - I think they want their own version of the truth confirmed - People convince themselves it is the truth then when someone throws cold water on it with their version of the truth, it is going to get messy.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• They think truth tastes like candy. But in reality, it isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone lies. Lies are necessary at times. It's impossible for any human to go through life without lying. People are too scared to admit they lie. They fear it'll put them in a negative light. They want to come across as trustworthy and honest people. Admitting they lie puts their character into question

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Even if I don't want to hear it or it's painful, I'd rather hear the truth. Doesn't mean I'm "prepared" for it, depending on what it is and about, especially if I believe you think otherwise, but I want to hear it. And I'll respect you more for saying it also.

0|0
    0|0
  • See.. lies may make some one who is struggling with something feel better for a time... but the truth is always so much more comfertable! Ignorance is a whole other story...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the world says it wants the truth. But none can handle it. It’s sad most people get offended or triggered when they hear the truth. They can dish there truth but can’t take it for themselves. This is what society is now!

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if they're not prepared for it at the moment, they'll get over it better later and will be able to live more at peace than if they had lived a lie and later found out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause Most people are Askholes (yeah you read that right)

Askholes: def. - People who ask for your advice then do the complete opposite.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably why being anonymous, vague, but as interesting as I can be is useful, some people have had a go at trying to hurt me but it really doesn't scratch the surface.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rather the truth since I am straightforward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good point

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes we think we're ready for the truth.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather suffer than be in denial.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I know, right? They ask for advice or your opinion and get butt hurt if you don't support them and just say stuff to make them feel better. Why ask opinions then?

0|0
    1|0
  • Because they think they can handle the truth but they can't. That's why my breakups are always " it's not you, it's me". Works like a charm.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm prepared. So what is it?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes