Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?

Honesty is complex. White lies are allowed to at least keep the charade of what society says it's etiquette.

Why people seek so hard to know the truth when they know lies can make them happier?

Masochists or hypocrites?
I say BOTH! And you?Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?Why people always claim to prefer the truth but are never prepared for it?

512

Most Helpful Guys

• Because the truth is harder to accept than the reality they paint for themselves

• When people say they want the truth - I think they want their own version of the truth confirmed - People convince themselves it is the truth then when someone throws cold water on it with their version of the truth, it is going to get messy.

Most Helpful Girls

• They think truth tastes like candy. But in reality, it isn't.

• Everyone lies. Lies are necessary at times. It's impossible for any human to go through life without lying. People are too scared to admit they lie. They fear it'll put them in a negative light. They want to come across as trustworthy and honest people. Admitting they lie puts their character into question