Would you start doubting yourself as a woman/man if your most recent ex came out openly as gay after you two broke up?

For those who asked, No. It didn’t happen to me, I read it in a Wattpad novel and was curious.
Oh and by the way smart birds, if someone comments things like “no cause everyone is gay” or “no cause ever man/woman is gay/lesbian deep down.”, I’ll delete your delightful comment cause I’m tired of explaining the obvious.
Toodles.

4946

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually, it would be a relief because then you know that the reasons the relationship failed was entirely due to factors outside of your control.

You wouldn't have to worry one second about that the actual reason could be that you sucked as a partner or anything like that.

• I dated a girl who cheated on me with multiple people. Chicks, dudes... whatever. - There were a bunch of issues she was having that she hid everything she was doing, but she could probably only do that for so long before it would catch up to her and I happened to be at the start of her rebelling and the end of her trying to behave like "a good girl."

I jokingly claim that I was so awesome, I ruined other men for her. Like after me, there's no way to do any better than me.

I just figured out she was having issues way before I came along, and she decided to finally rebel against herself. Gave up on "being the good girl" for lots of casual sex and drugs and other hedonistic stuff, probably felt good and she could piss off her parents, and I was just a side thing she didn't really care about.

Most Helpful Girls

• No. They were never straight. People are under the impression that that can make a person turn gay or lesbian. Chances are that person was queer before you became boyfriend and girlfriend or vice versa. You were his beard so people need to be in a heterosexual relationship before they know for sure their sexual identity. Dont take it personally no one is a better actor/actress than a queer person in the closet. Dont make this about yourself your ex has been struggling with it for a while. It doesn't mean you were not good enough it means they are attracted to the same sex as themselves.

• No. That person either was bisexual and likes both men and women, or either was gay and lying to himself about beign straight and therefore he probably chose me as a partner not based on a great sexual attraction but friendship or admiration, not because I'm similar to a man or anything like that.

I know gay guys who had crushes on girls when they were very young, and usually was because they liked their personality and found those girls beautiful. Even if they are not actually sexually attracted they can appreciate female beauty.

I really don't find anything to doubt about myself, it's just a person who discovers himself.