Have you Ever Been Rejected? How did it feel?

Never been rejected but I have been the rejector just wondering how it feels 🤷‍♀️. Have you Ever Been Rejected? How did it feel?
  • Yes
  • No

1945

Most Helpful Guys

• I look at rejection as the diplomatic disagreement of procedure between two parties: the initiator and the rejector. The initiator is following what they believe to be the correct "protocol", the right steps (whatever those may be), in order to get to the point where they assume a chance should/may take place. Meanwhile, the rejector has no knowledge of such procedure or the amount of work required to facilitate said action, thereby essentially negating all the work the initiator did to get to that point, by simple omission of knowledge but also lack of interest or really for any reason.

More than a simple "no", rejection is a statement that some element of what the initiator did--be it the procedure in the lead up to the incident, the individual exchanges that occur between the concerned parties, and the aftermath--did not demonstrate the rejector's desired criteria, although most times it is not immediately apparent what element the initiator failed to meet. Just like how often times couples break up, rather suddenly, there is no typically no explanation given.

When people say rejection doesn't phase them, what they mean is that they been rejected enough times or reached a point where their procedure is fine-tuned enough that they have a pretty-good idea about what elements work and what don't.

• It feels like you did something wrong/weren't good enough for the person

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never been rejected when I approached a guy, but I have rejected guys before.

• I haven't ever been straight up rejected but I have liked guys who didn't like me back. honestly it sucks but just remember it wasn't meant to be