Have you Ever Been Rejected? How did it feel?

Never been rejected but I have been the rejector just wondering how it feels 🤷‍♀️. Have you Ever Been Rejected? How did it feel?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I look at rejection as the diplomatic disagreement of procedure between two parties: the initiator and the rejector. The initiator is following what they believe to be the correct "protocol", the right steps (whatever those may be), in order to get to the point where they assume a chance should/may take place. Meanwhile, the rejector has no knowledge of such procedure or the amount of work required to facilitate said action, thereby essentially negating all the work the initiator did to get to that point, by simple omission of knowledge but also lack of interest or really for any reason.

More than a simple "no", rejection is a statement that some element of what the initiator did--be it the procedure in the lead up to the incident, the individual exchanges that occur between the concerned parties, and the aftermath--did not demonstrate the rejector's desired criteria, although most times it is not immediately apparent what element the initiator failed to meet. Just like how often times couples break up, rather suddenly, there is no typically no explanation given.

When people say rejection doesn't phase them, what they mean is that they been rejected enough times or reached a point where their procedure is fine-tuned enough that they have a pretty-good idea about what elements work and what don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It feels like you did something wrong/weren't good enough for the person

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never been rejected when I approached a guy, but I have rejected guys before.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't ever been straight up rejected but I have liked guys who didn't like me back. honestly it sucks but just remember it wasn't meant to be

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Yes, constantly. Even when I don't necessarily want to date. The looks of disgust when I smile at them, or when I try to flirt, I get an eye roll, or when I ask out a woman, I get a three to five minute rant about how dare I ever think I should be on the level of her and how dare I even THINK about asking her out to coffee...

I'm kind of used to it, but it still feels bad. Sometimes it feels really really horrible.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have been rejected by at least 9 out of every 10 women I have ever approached and I have been dumped by every woman I have ever had strong feelings for. It doesn't stop me from trying again but it does make you think about just seriously giving up. I know guys that have given up completely and they are much happier because of it. I am seeing an great girl now but if this situation ends I think that will be the end of it for me.

0|2
    0|0
  • Your still 16, guys will start rejecting girls more as you get older and they actually start paying attention to girl's personalities.

0|0
    1|0
    • Oh, but yeah, I have quite a few times. I have rejected more than my fair share of girls too though.

• Feels bad when younger, but you get more numb to it as time goes in.

• Ok I’ve never seen a guy reject a girl N I don’t think most of you care about personality.

• It feels horrible, because it's always personal! Even if the person rejecting you tries to be nice about it, tries to set you down gently and not hurt you more than necessary, it always hurts.

1|0
    0|0
  • At first, being rejected is awful and heart breaking. You get used to it after a while and realise that it is just part of life.

If you look at it from a different perspective, these people are naturally selecting themselves out of your life. So, we’re not meant to be a part of your life and you are not truly losing anything because life goes on.

Everyone that I have pursued has rejected me and that has happened for longer than you have been alive!

How it feels truly is unique to each person on the receiving end, some brush it off and others may give up hope and look to take their life. I almost did at one point!

It happens to everyone, is a part of life. Just need to pick yourself up and keep going 🙂

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea it’s not a part of my life and dang that’s gotta hurt n okay 👌.

• I've lost count of how many times I got rejected. It always sucked at first, but I realised that it wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be. I got rejected more times, and at some point I just got the point where I didn't give a shit at all, it was like water off of a duck's back. I knew that someone else would like me so why let it bother me at all?

0|0
    0|0
  • Male rejection and female rejection are not the same thing the male one is worse

1|2
    3|0
  • I've been rejected every time for fourteen years. I haven't asked in almost two now.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, Thank God. I dunno if I could handle the pain.
    I have declined offers though but I explained why I couldn't at the time and they seemed cool about it. It wasn't anything personal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I probably have been, never really cared if i get.
    Usually I'm the rejector in a very early stage or later on when they have got some shots at it, usually I do it in a way that makes the other one think they did reject.

Some get emotional devastated all to those that have already moved on when the rejection was made. nothing that really has to do with the sex on a geneticall level.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It hurts, life sucks, you eat some ice cream, take some time, listen to sad music.

Realize you're wasting time and there are other girls, and that you really didn't like the other girl that much.

Move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how invested you are. If you’re not invested, it’s like slight disappointment. But if you ARE invested, it’s like having your heart ripped out and stomped on, and it can easily be worse depending on how they reject you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been rejected about 5x. It sucks. I have rejected 3x. They knew I wasn't looking for anything at the time and I don't know why they bothered to ask me out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. By a girl who told me she had a huge crush on me. And then she pushed me away.
    I was heartbroken. I thought we had a future together, but she destroyed it. Oh well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. More times than I can count! It's awful at first, but becomes easier almost to a point of not caring at all. Anyway, the few wins more than make up for the losses.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not a good feeling I always get Rejected even on dating site's I'm a sad sad boy that no one want's. I'm gonna go and cry now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i been rejected and it hurts like heck to be rejected
    cause 90 % i feel that people are rejecting me on my appearance.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've felt three emotions
    1&2. Confusion and self resentment: I didn't understand what was so wrong with me that someone that i was actively talking to all around the clock for ages that was very introverted, plus when she started getting flirtatious and sexual in photos and videos to me would just ghost me for 24 hours when i would try to ask her out. Self-resentment comes into play when I forced an answer and got an "I'm lesbian now" and she moved to another guy.
    Now that time has passed that falls into the category of emotion 3
    doesn't matter with possible tang of feeling let down: You got your hopes up about a possible relationship, your team winning the game, the new movie or book you were waiting for being good, or your meal tasting okay. When these things dont meet our expectations it is a let down, but we get over it fast. Being rejected falls into this category

1|0
    0|0
  • It sucks ass. especially when you really like that person. Some times I can feel the pain in my veins it's weird

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that never happened. That is because I never tried. Simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, how does it feel if someone stabs you in the guts and then twists the knife? I imagine it's similar.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to get way too caught up on it, but nowadays I try to be mature and not let it get to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's like something sharp pierces through your heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have. It feels like a bruised ego mix with hurt feelings.

It hurts me about a minute in length then disappears and I move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feels good to have other options, I divide them into Reach, Match and Safety

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you mean. Dumped by someone you were dated? Turned down for a date? Refused a dance?

0|0
    0|0
    • No. You approach a girl and try to talk to her and she tells you to leave her alone or you ask a girl on a date and she says no.

• Ehh kinda let down but it gave me more time for other pursuits.

0|0
    0|0
  • girls don't get rejected because they are cowards and wait for a guy to swoop in.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a relief! If we are not comparable, why wast my time?

0|0
    0|0
  • Awful because she treated white boyz well. Its just her dumb cukture

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• I've only been serious about "making the first step" twice so far and succeeded both times.
    But thats mostly due to me being too much of a chicken during my teenage years and keeping my crushes for myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It sucks and it hurts.
    I end up questioning myself what did I do wrong and kept berating myself. Then I realised it's nothing to do with me. It's just that he wasn't into me, that's all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've endured more rejection the last 3 months than I have my whole life. After awhile it gets funny. Then depressing, then hilarious. I've accepted no one likes me. Fuck it... not like I can change to be more likable, then I wouldn't like me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It feels like shit. Especially when you have been dating the guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 times. It kinda sucked. I got over it. Didn't slow me down but am way more cautious now.

1|0
    0|0
  • of course. it happens to everybody It feels terrible but life goes on...

0|0
    2|0
  • Yup I have. It's not the best feeling on the world, that's for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's physically painful

1|0
    0|0
  • It hurts when someone you like doesn't like you

1|0
    0|0
  • It was devastating.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mmmm hmmm. it doesn't feel good.

1|0
    0|0
  • By blood relatives mainly.

0|0
    0|0
  • It feels absolutely wonderful! You should try it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a crush on a guy from the age of 16 until 22. I really liked him and finally had the nerves to call and tell him I loved him at age 22, and he said he only liked me as a "sister" and then after that I told him I never wanted to talk to him again as talking to him would be too painful, and I then went on to finally date men after men after men (only date, no sex) until I landed my husband :).

1|0
    0|0
  • I havenr been rejected but did reject someone before

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have. It really sucked but I got over it because not everyone is suited to everyone working a relationship role. It’s jusg life, no big deal.

2|0
    0|0
    • *within a relationship role. It’s just life*

• Bad. Ver bad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes