I think moving in with my partner was a mistake. What should I do?

I moved in with my girlfriend officially about 2 months ago. Previous to that, I paid to 'rent' the spare room as at the time she had a roommate who was getting frustrated I was over so much and not paying. He moved out, and I moved in. It was amazing for the first month or so, but I'm starting to wonder if it was too soon. We have been together almost a year. I like being home when not at work, my girlfriend likes to make plans with her friends a few times a week. I don't know how to balance this. I don't like that she goes out so regularly, when I moved in I honestly thought we'd be home together all the time but we aren't really together that much more than before. What should I say to her? I can't force her not to see her friends, but I do want her home more.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Let it be, it takes time to settle in. You are both still young and have the rest of your lives together. Why not make an occasion of a night in now and then and she may want to spend more at home on her own initiative. I just wouldn't ask her to stop doing what she wants thats a one way ticket to argument town.

0|0
    0|0
  • Moved in with your partner? You must be freaking nuts! You better move out asap, or don't... and regret it for the rest of your life!

I think moving in with my partner was a mistake. What should I do?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The easiest solution would be talking to her. Tell her how you feel and try not to seem attacking/blaming ☺
    See how she reacts and try to compromise, maybe have days when you're both home & days when both are free to go out etc?
    See what she says ☺

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Just tell her and ask if she can stay home so we can chill. It's got nothing to do with you moving in too fast or was a mistake. Your expectations of what would happen is just different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should just talk to her and tell her how you feel that's the best way to handle it she can't fix anything if she doesn't even know what's broken

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you would like to have some more alone time with her
    and your getting tired of feeling so all alone. Unless she knows
    she won't know this is what is upsetting you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, have you thought of talking to her about it and getting your concerns in the open to her? Most likely she'll understand, and divide her time more to spending it with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compromise, go out some. A few times a week? So how often are you asking to not go out?

0|0
    0|0
  • You are both young, social butterfly will spread their wings, you want cosy , she wants to party and enjoy life xx

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not compatible. You can remain friends with benefits, but you should each find someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communications love, best tool for a relationship.. Key is don't lose your cool and get emotional..

0|0
    0|0
  • Move out. Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Simple. Before making a decision or judgement, simply tell her how you feel and what your expectations were. You don’t stand a chance is you cannot talk to each other! She could be feeling the same awkwardness and not wanting to smother you with being home too much. Talk and go from there

0|0
    0|0
  • I would try sitting down with her and talking to her about how you feel. Moving in with someone is a huge step. It's possible it could have been too early. I would not move in with someone unless I think they are my life partner.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes