I think moving in with my partner was a mistake. What should I do?

I moved in with my girlfriend officially about 2 months ago. Previous to that, I paid to 'rent' the spare room as at the time she had a roommate who was getting frustrated I was over so much and not paying. He moved out, and I moved in. It was amazing for the first month or so, but I'm starting to wonder if it was too soon. We have been together almost a year. I like being home when not at work, my girlfriend likes to make plans with her friends a few times a week. I don't know how to balance this. I don't like that she goes out so regularly, when I moved in I honestly thought we'd be home together all the time but we aren't really together that much more than before. What should I say to her? I can't force her not to see her friends, but I do want her home more.

312

Most Helpful Guys

• Let it be, it takes time to settle in. You are both still young and have the rest of your lives together. Why not make an occasion of a night in now and then and she may want to spend more at home on her own initiative. I just wouldn't ask her to stop doing what she wants thats a one way ticket to argument town.

• Moved in with your partner? You must be freaking nuts! You better move out asap, or don't... and regret it for the rest of your life!

Most Helpful Girl

• The easiest solution would be talking to her. Tell her how you feel and try not to seem attacking/blaming ☺
    See how she reacts and try to compromise, maybe have days when you're both home & days when both are free to go out etc?
    See what she says ☺