Men: How many of you would be a stay at home dad?

• I would love to be a stay at home dad!
  • I would be a stay at home dad under certain circumstances.
  • I would never be a stay at home dad.
    Vote C

153

What Guys Said 53

• I'd love to because I know I'd be great at it. But as how the culture looks around it, I'm guessing it would be followed by a plethora of abuses and indignations. My guess is the wife would use this negative slant as a tool of domination and extortion. I find abuses done by women throughout society is almost completely ignored. So, after being humiliated, I'd think the wife would then use the denegration to further allow herself to practice hypergamy and enable her own debauchery, "to find a real man". I'd imagine the child's needs would be totally ignored and personally I haven't seen many mothers exhibit great parent potential towards their children and therefore would assume that the aspect of the childs welfare would be irrelavant. This may be offset by various things but I'd assume this to be a general rule among women as I percieve the majority of people to be without moral character and simply prohibited by law from enacting their more hienous self interests. If the woman had solid good character, which in my opinion is extremely rare, I would have no issue. Even if I were caught with a deadbeat woman I would still endure such grievances for the sake of the child. Generally, I don't think it is a possibility for most due to the lack of restraint and moral cultivatation among the general people of society. Traditional relationships have the prerequisite limitations and incentives preordained that seem to suffice. Unless you found Mary Sue your only inviting calamity by instigating the opportunity for the worst case scenario.

• 3d

I didn't read the whole thing but it sounds like u plan on marrying a total bitch lol

• 2d

🙄🙄dont be so self absorbed u dont know everything

• 2d

Agreed, I don't know everything. Perhaps, your advice may be warranted, though it may not discredit my veiw. Still I think people drastically underappreciate the meanings to such a sentiment. Also, I feel obligated to point out whichever evils beset the well being of my fellow people, including the dangers they cast onto themselves.

• No i don;t want to be a stay at home dad. Under the circumstance that i had another job that i did at home, and that it was temporary. I want to get up in the morning and go to work, not cater to children all day.

I want to do fun stuff with the kids on weekends and after school.

• I'm an IT guy right now, but I also do a bit of website design. Part-time website design at home while I take care of the house? Sure
    Although my cooking skills would have to greatly improve

• I've taken parental leave (it's paid here in Germany), so I already know what it would be like, and I think a few months with a newborn is great, but permanently being a stay-at-home dad wouldn't be something for me.

• If I'm ever a dad id rather we both keep working and use some of the extra money to sign them up for after school math classes and sports , summer camp etc , and we hire a cleaner and maybe tutor.

I wouldn't like to be a stay at home dad and wouldn't want that for my partner either plus i would have benefited from doing more extra curricular as a kid.

• I don't think I can see myself staying at home all the time, but I could be at least a part time stay at home dad. But personally, I'd rather be working full time. If my wife were bored, then I'd find her things to do. Granted, I'd like to think I wouldn't marry an easily bored wife.

• all I can say is, parents, be there for yo kids, raise em right, be there in their lives, and give em all the love, respect, protection, and safety that you can give em, if they have noone else to turn to, they should always have y'all to lend a helping hand of good

• For me it depends. If my wife (in this scenario) is making mkre money than I am, (which due to my specialization into a field with generaly high pay and far more jobs than workers will be rather hard, but not impossible) I would gladly stay home

• It's a pointless job after the age of 5 or 6 i rather pay a nanny to keep the kid for 6 hours while i work. And rotate hours with mom.
    Then the school has the kid for 6 hours during that time i can be working

• I have done it. When our daughter was born my wife went back to work, and I dropped out of college to watch her. It wasn't bad. I had time to get good with my bass guitar.

• If I'm single, yes; I'd have no choice. Otherwise no, unless I can run a business from home which is often not the case.

• i wouldn't have a problem with the idea. if she earns more money than me for example i don't know why i would make her stay at home xD it makes no sense

• Hell yeah! Play video games, watch cartoons and eat cereal all day? Life dosent get much better than that.

• if my wife made enough that her salary alone could allow us to live in the way we want then yes

• If I absolutely had to for the family and/or children, yes I could.

• Not a chance in hell. I don't want to be a dad period.

• If my future wife made enough to cover 2 incomes I would consider it, but I also hate housework and I dont know how to cook.

• Hell yeah! No work, getting to play with my kid all day, and naps? Sign me right the fuck up!

• I could be stay at home dad (and work from home) for some time. Wouldn't want that over a long time

• If I ever had kids, sign me up. But I don't plan on having kids.

• Only beta, low-T, soy-slurpers are "stay at home dads".

• I could see myself as stay at home dad if I only need to work from home, then I should learn to handle multitasking as good as possible

• Only if I became crippled or something. It's the man's job to provide for his family.

• I wouldn't. For one: I don't want kids. 2, I feel sorry sitting at home not working, even if I'm taking care of the baby

• I wouldn't want to be a dad in the first place but I would stay home and gamble online though

• Never having babies so I don't have to worry about that question !!

• No way. Money is the key to happiness, it's out of reach without money.

• I was a stay at home dad for a while and I enjoyed it but I am not sure I could do it forever.

• I work from home, so it kind of comes with the territory... Wouldn't ever change a thing

• Show more from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 1

• If they don’t look good enough they can’t be a stay at home dad.

• 7d

What does that have to do with ANYTHING at all in this question?

• 6d

That’s not being sexist you dunce 🤦‍♀️.

• 6d

It's not sexist, but the modern day political left would call that sexist. They'd call it "objectifying sexism." I think that's what he meant. Or he may be a lefty lol.