After how long would you consider living together with your S. O?

Assuming you are both over 18 and are financially able to rent/buy a studio/appartment/house together.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of understanding the responsibilities that come with moving in together such as figuring out the financial situation, who's going to do what house chores, how each week will be planned out with work/school to consider and such. My source would be a bit biased because I've known my girlfriend 9 years prior to dating her and we both would have moved in together immediately had we secured enough money for a down payment. Currently, we've been dating for 8 years and have lived together for almost 4 years now which is looking good in my opinion! I'm hoping to live the rest of my life with her because I believe she's my soulmate since we've been best friends for the longest time prior to dating, we love each other so much and I have known her for 17 years of my life. Had I never met her prior to dating, the outcome would have been much different.

I'd have to know my significant other long enough to get a better feel of their behavior, their habits and how they like to spend their time throughout each day. If we both were clicking really well together, I'd say about 3-12 months would be enough time to feel comfortable living together when I know my significant other almost inside out! If we have struggles with trust, having our daily routine changing so quickly and/or don't feel independent enough to live on our own, it'll take a little bit longer and there's nothing wrong with that as long as both couples are moving at a comfortable pace. It's different for everyone though as some people could be ready within a heartbeat to as long as many years.

1|1
    0|1
    • 4d

Curious why you haven’t married her?

• Show All
    • 3d

Awww! If she lives with you though I’m sure she’s in it for life! Kind of how I am right now. I have my own business and a minimum wage job. My boyfriend asked me to marry him a month ago. We get married next year. I wanted to be more “ready”. He’s ok with everything! He’s ready to marry me ASAP. I’m working hard to be ready financially for him.

• 3d

@Jesslin412 Oh believe me, after everything we've been through from our childhood years to now, she's not going to let me go xD I'm so happy that you're going to get married to him next year! That's a milestone in life you'll only get to experience once so enjoy the moment when it comes around :) It still sounds like you two planned this for quite some time!

Most Helpful Girl

• We've been together for almost three years now. I think this is the point where it starts to be in consideration. Although financially that's not happening anytime soon. But otherwise I'd be up for it. So I think after about 2 or 3 years of being together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• well first i need to know if she's responsible, hows he credit score, since she's making money need to know if she's comfortable where with it, lastly imma be incharge.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's really about the relationship first. The other person has to be able to handle the responsibility as much as you do. The weight can't be shifted too much on either side. After that, as long as you know enough about eachother, spent enough time together, and are financially stable. Then you may pick when the time is right.

0|0
    0|1
  • Never. I inherited my grandma's house. I am not stupid enough to let some woman move in, then have her lie and accuse me of DV, forcing me out of my own damn house while she lives there and rides the cock carousel.

1|2
    3|1
    • 3d

Smart guy.

• Show All
    • 3d

@Zer0Ghost No paranoia. It happens frequently. she doesn't "own" the house, but after 30 days she is a tenant. When she falsely accuses you of DV, she gets a restraining order and you can't go home. Happens all the fucking time. Open your damn eyes.

• 3d

It's funny how people can take a simple, straightforward comment like yours, and then twist it into what ever they want. You don't want a woman living with you, so therefore you hate women?
      Really? How did he arrive at that! lol So you hate elephants, too? :)
      But besides the legal implications you talked about, there's also the fact that choosing to cohabitate can sometimes be a great way to ruin a relationship.

• Been with my girlfriend for 6 months and I’m no where near considering it.

We’re both young (24 and 21), I’m running my own business, she still has 2 years of studying to go through, I think we’re just fine taking it as it comes.

0|0
    0|0
  • We moved in together after a few months but circumstances forced us to decide between living together, doing long distance, or breaking up, so we went with the first one

0|0
    0|1
  • When she has a job that pays an equal amount to mine and we both can afford it with a 6 month savings safety net.
    Oh and at least a month of research into proper housing.

0|0
    0|0
  • rent after 6 months to a year, closer to the year. Buying a house together would require being married for me.

0|0
    0|1
  • After approximately 2 1/2 years. The reason is so that your senses, perspectiveness and maturity have time to catch up with future plans. You have to not look at anything you cannot do. Example if someone called for you to hang and they lived relatively close you'd go no question but driving 40 mins paying a toll and the effort you're putting in? Everything is done because it's the natural order of process. I know I drove 3 times in less than a month 400 miles round trip and I'd do it without question regardless of cost. By the 2nd year if you cannot go through the day with a frown or something didn't get done things not in their place etc. Now mind you you're not living together but are cohabiting in each others dwelling and this is happening imagine moving in? The signals are there it's the love hate relationship. You have to be them they have to be you. Point blank. Especially if each other wasn't chosen by each other it just went die to extreme curiosity.

0|0
    0|0
  • My g/f and I have been together for 2 years and we started living together in May of this year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends when you both feel ready and have a good understanding of how you'll keep things clean and split tasks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Living together as a couple and having sex tends to not work out in the long if you plan on marriage according to statistics.

I would have done it but not anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would live with my girlfriend as soon as we were financially stable to. We are both very codependent or “clingy” and like to be together as much as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • well i have been living with my wife for just over 6 years... im not sure i understand your question

0|0
    1|0
  • Probably a year for me. It takes me about 4 to 6 months to really star getting a strong emotional attachment to someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I wouldn't move in with a girlfriend purely because I think it's a bad idea longterm.

0|0
    0|0
  • After a year or two, when we both are quite comfortable with everything.

0|0
    0|1
  • Me and my girlfriend co-own an 1700sqft apartment in hong Kong at city centre.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's not about time.
    It's about the person I'm dealing with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope to live with my SO for the rest of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get married first.

3|0
    0|0
    • 3d

yes I agree!

• 3d

@Sabrina_gomez - Yeah, I used to think that way, no I'm not so sure. I actually think it's better to try them out on a temporary basis if that's where you're headed anyway. You don't ever really get to know someone 'till you live with them - their true nature comes out.

But let's look at the question..."are financially able to rent or buy... together..."
      So, what happens when it blows up, which is surely will - then what? What happens? This never gets discussed and turns into a giant financial gamble.

Unfortunately people think the shacking up thing is the answer, and usually it's just not. Worse, they have kids and actually start a family, and never get married. What an awful thing to do to a kid. Or have one and then split - so both are single parents. It's a disaster for everybody involved.

• 3d

yes I know :/

• After marriage

0|1
    0|0
  • Immediately after our honeymoon.

2|1
    0|0
  • 6 months to a year, probably a year

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to live together with a SO at all.

1|1
    1|0
  • Soon as she signs the prenuptial agreement.

0|1
    0|0
  • However long it takes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe a year

1|0
    0|1
  • Six months to a year.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've only had one serious girlfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. Huge mistake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• I’ve been with my boyfriend for 2 years now and I could see us moving in together if we found the right place. So I think 2 years is a pretty good amount of time, for myself at least. We already had to live together in my small apartment for a month, and we survived that. So I think we’d be just fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • My current boyfriend moved in w me after 7 months together. At first I started thinking things weren’t going to work out and it was too soon. But we got through it and things are great now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's important to know someone relatively well before you move in with them, so I'd date them for a year or two before living together.

0|0
    0|1
  • I took a big gamble, and moved in with him after 4 weeks. It works!

Just lucky!

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not consider living together till marriage. I am old fashioned like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we are stable and we both agree, i think in 1 and a 1/2 half year. Depending on our relationship, as its different for everyone.

0|0
    0|1
  • We never did; our families would have found it unseemly. But we might as well have. Unless one of us was on the road, we spent most nights together, either at his place or mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I felt ready, whether that was two weeks or five years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something between 1 and 3 years, depending on how good you come along.

0|0
    0|1
  • We aren’t moving in together until after we are married. We’ve been dating 1 year November 19. And we are getting married October 12, 2019.

0|0
    0|1
  • As a single mom, he would have to have made some kind of relationship with my daughter. She has to be comfortable too.

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 months for rent, for a house i would want to be both the legal owners of it.

0|0
    0|1
  • I live with my boyfriend. We started living together after about a year lol

0|0
    0|1
  • I’d say a year I moved in with my ex girlfriend it was year in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I moved in with mine after 1-2 months. It’s been two months since then.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me and my boyfriend we will have been together for 7 months when I move in with him in July

0|0
    0|0
  • If we didn't live so far apart we would already be shacked up.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should live with them as long as you are together and stable.

0|0
    0|1
  • 2 years I guess. Even though I haven't been with someone that long yet

0|0
    0|1
  • i moved in with him after a year or 2 being together

0|0
    0|0
  • After about 3 months.. we moved quickly. But it’s all worked to our advantage

0|0
    0|0
  • Not unless I’m married to him i ain’t.

0|1
    0|0
  • after we are married <3

1|1
    0|0
  • A year.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't believe in living together.

0|1
    0|0
  • a year or two

0|0
    0|1
  • I already do lol

0|0
    0|1
  • After 1 year

0|0
    0|1
  • I’m not sure

0|1
    0|0
  • We were talking about it after a couple of months.

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes