After how long would you consider living together with your S. O?

Assuming you are both over 18 and are financially able to rent/buy a studio/appartment/house together.

3444

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of understanding the responsibilities that come with moving in together such as figuring out the financial situation, who's going to do what house chores, how each week will be planned out with work/school to consider and such. My source would be a bit biased because I've known my girlfriend 9 years prior to dating her and we both would have moved in together immediately had we secured enough money for a down payment. Currently, we've been dating for 8 years and have lived together for almost 4 years now which is looking good in my opinion! I'm hoping to live the rest of my life with her because I believe she's my soulmate since we've been best friends for the longest time prior to dating, we love each other so much and I have known her for 17 years of my life. Had I never met her prior to dating, the outcome would have been much different.

I'd have to know my significant other long enough to get a better feel of their behavior, their habits and how they like to spend their time throughout each day. If we both were clicking really well together, I'd say about 3-12 months would be enough time to feel comfortable living together when I know my significant other almost inside out! If we have struggles with trust, having our daily routine changing so quickly and/or don't feel independent enough to live on our own, it'll take a little bit longer and there's nothing wrong with that as long as both couples are moving at a comfortable pace. It's different for everyone though as some people could be ready within a heartbeat to as long as many years.

• 4d

Curious why you haven’t married her?

• 3d

Awww! If she lives with you though I’m sure she’s in it for life! Kind of how I am right now. I have my own business and a minimum wage job. My boyfriend asked me to marry him a month ago. We get married next year. I wanted to be more “ready”. He’s ok with everything! He’s ready to marry me ASAP. I’m working hard to be ready financially for him.

• 3d

@Jesslin412 Oh believe me, after everything we've been through from our childhood years to now, she's not going to let me go xD I'm so happy that you're going to get married to him next year! That's a milestone in life you'll only get to experience once so enjoy the moment when it comes around :) It still sounds like you two planned this for quite some time!

Most Helpful Girl

• We've been together for almost three years now. I think this is the point where it starts to be in consideration. Although financially that's not happening anytime soon. But otherwise I'd be up for it. So I think after about 2 or 3 years of being together.