What do you think about polyamoury (open relationships)?

Polyamoury, also known as open relationships, or ethical-nonmonogomy, is the practice of all people in a relationship agreeing that the people in the relationship can date other people.
Incase my opinions interest you, I've been in multiple polyamourous relationships and some have worked and some have not. It definitely takes more work than a normal relationship since comunication is particularly important.

(Unrelated: im nonbinary)
  • Im in/have been in a polyamourous relationship and i enjoyed it!
    Vote A
  • Im in/have been in a polyamourous relationship and i didn't enjoy it
    Vote B
  • I havnt been in a poly relationship but i want to try
    Vote C
  • I dont care either way
    Vote D
  • Its not for me but im fine with others doing it
    Vote E
  • I have a moral objection to other people being in these relationships
    Vote F
  • I dont know enough to say
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not opposed to it in theory, just never dated anyone I have trusted enough to have that sort of agreement with.

0|3
    0|0
    • 4d

Thats a shame. I hope you find someone you can trust, regardless of what type of relationship you develop

• I mean do what you want, but if you’re getting sexually/romantically involved with other people, then you’re not committed to a partner and you’re not in a real relationship.

0|0
    1|1
    • 4d

Except you are, and can be in a relationship with more then one person, that’s the difference in mindset, some people are born and raised monogamous, others don’t click with that. Both are completely valid and you can happily love and cherish more then one partner if everyone is informed

• Show All
    • 4d

Carpet, i think maybe you are using the wrong word. Here is googles definition (although im not argueing for prescriptive language, its a good indicator)
      adjective: committed
      1. pledged or bound to a certain course or policy; dedicated."a committed environmentalist"
      2. in or denoting a long-term emotional relationship."a committed relationship"

There is nothing about polyamoury that goes against either of these points. Me and my partner made an agreement about what we do that as long as everything we did was safe, the other party was informed, and we information each other of what happened, then we were free to date other people. Some Other polyamourous people use more detailed agreements.
      As for the second, its perfectly normal for polyamourous people to be in long term relationships, and even marry. There a large call in the polyamourous couples for polygamy to be legalised.

• 4d

@vixysparx
      Thanks for the assist, but first of all, you mean monogomous, not monotonous (which means repetative and boring).

Also, while there is some debate and we haven't found proofs eitger way, i personaly think its a choice, rather than being born a certain way.

• I know a polyamorous couple and they’ve been together for 12 years, they have a third person who they both date and invite on holidays and things and have occasionally dated other people. Iv never done anything like it myself but I can completely see the appeal

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not for me. I couldn't control my jealousy and I'd feel self-conscious being with multiple people. The best thing for me about monogamy is, that when I've found the person, I don't have to meet other people anymore. I hate dating and getting to know people. But it's none of my business what other people do with their relationship, so it's fine by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, such a relationship is just not a relationship.

1|0
    0|2
  • I'm all for it.

0|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I'm in a poly-open relationship and it's going well

0|2
    1|0
  • Don't like it at all, but whatever others do, good for them. I only wanted one partner. Now I see that it is unrealistic to even think that I'll be with someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

To move away from polyamoury for a second, are you ok? What your saying is a symptom of anxiety or depression, and if you think you may have that then i strongly recommend you see a therapist or GP.

• 4d

Is it? I've been rejected by enough people to know that.

• Different strokes for different folks. It is not for everyone but it works for some.

0|1
    0|0
  • A joke

1|1
    0|2
    • 4d

Do you mean that polyamourous relationships are a joke or that this question is. Either way, i promise you it is not.

Recommended myTakes