Do you think it is rude too ask a non-native English speaker if they can speak English?

• Yes
  • No

610

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Why would it be?

• 4d

Because it might make the non-native English speaking person feel dumb or confused if they can not speak English or if there English is not very good

• 4d

English is considered the universal language it might make a person feel uneducated not knowing English.
      Most non-english speaking countries teach English at schools

• 3d

"I have never been taught this foreign language and therefore don't know it. That makes me feel uneducated."
      Thank god I'm not that person.