My boyfriends family always pay and they say they don’t mind but I hate it, do they actually mind?

They know we’re saving to buy a business and for holidays and they know we’re saving a lot. They’ve invited me out for Christmas dinner with them but I told my boyfriend I couldn’t go as I couldn’t afford the £60 meal and he said “don’t worry my sister will pay”. They always say they don’t mind paying but I feel awful and like they really do mind, I feel so cheap and when I told my boyfriend this he told me I was being stupid. Am I being stupid?

11