My boyfriends family always pay and they say they don’t mind but I hate it, do they actually mind?

They know we’re saving to buy a business and for holidays and they know we’re saving a lot. They’ve invited me out for Christmas dinner with them but I told my boyfriend I couldn’t go as I couldn’t afford the £60 meal and he said “don’t worry my sister will pay”. They always say they don’t mind paying but I feel awful and like they really do mind, I feel so cheap and when I told my boyfriend this he told me I was being stupid. Am I being stupid?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It's better not to get angry, tell the person paying the bill about how you feel and make them understand, be patient. Speak out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If you are invited you are usually not required to pay anything, much like if you were invited to their house for dinner. My question is why can't your lame ass boyfriend pay? Or is he sponging off his family? If you guys are saving up for a business then you should stay home if you can't afford to go out. I can tell your boyfriend is not going to be a good provider but I also think this is just a made up trolling post as usual from this Anon.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

It’s not a troll I swear. When we go out with his family they always pay, his parents still give him food and toiletries even though he’s 27 and it’s making me feel so cheap. I told him that I couldn’t afford it so I was going to have dinner with my family but he said his family want me there and that he wanted to see me over Christmas

• 3d

So then if true your boyfriend is a mama's boy who can't take care of himself, much less you? Wonderful!

Recommended myTakes