Do you believe "the one" concept?

Recently I watched a video on YouTube about this concept. I agree with him, but I'm still partly believing the one though...

https://youtu.be/hnFUFy4GbdQ

2331

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope. Because if that's true then why are so many people getting divorced, dying, is used and abused? The one concept is Greek and Roman myth. It's fake. And people over spiritualize something that isn't there. God gave us a brain to use. Use it. There isn't a person who is a mind reader and understands EVERYTHING you need, want and desire without VERBAL communication. In order for that person to be able to do that, they need to make an effort somewhere. We need to teach our children practical and objective reasons to marry, have sex and a relationship vs NOT getting into any of these things and stop telling them lies.

So unless you have a divine appointment for such a calling in your life, it's best you don't seek a partner.

• I don’t really subscribe to the idea that there is “the one.” Instead, I am more inclined to believe that there are the right ones and the wrong ones for everyone. It’s all a matter of compatibility and joint effort to make any relationship work.
    However, I grew up reading fairytales and watching Disney princesses find their one true loves, so a part of me still wants to believe that we will each meet the single soul that has been destined for us.

• Thanks! Wish the one comes to you soon!

• Thank you! 😊

Most Helpful Guys

• Well,..., be kind to this ole' hound but I'm from a spiritual old school society, not religious but "spiritual". I hurd a bit of what I took away as being "true". THe Human of the moment sees all those before "them" as less developed. Todayis o saturated with less than happy, positive, "hopeful" ideas when it comes torelationships,..., I have never fallen from the Ways I have followed all my life. I do believe tht theire is THAT ONE, an "Eternal" I met her, sired my kids, and yes we are no loger together now but in my belief system,..., I know we'll meet again,. I was floored when I saw Robin Williams' "What Dreams May Come". it was like a blue print of my entire spiritual floor plan. I feel lucky to have been exposed to so many thing at an early age. But when I was not with her, I know I had others that held attributes of "her", I did of their Males. LOVE NEVER DIES with only "one" in a world where everyone want guarantees,..., well AGE teaches you there are no guarantees! LOL!!! Just throw the dice and be smart enough to see the Eternal when they show-up and enjoy them for as long as you are privileged to be in their lives. (sappy maybe,..., but it is not Business plan either "Matt"! LOL!)

• Yes, I do believe in the one concept and disagree with this guy's sentiments completely.

"The one" doesn't mean that out of 7 billion people there is only one who is right for us, not at all.
    But, statistically, out of all the people you meet in your lifetime, there will always be *one* who you are the most compatible with.
    And I simply want to meet that person, because I want to experience the BEST that is possible.

I completely disagree with his idea that romance lies in hard work and sticking with each other.
    I frankly believe that is just coating a pile of shit in gold because you don't want to be lonely, and I have zero interest in doing that.

• I believe so too. It's just like friendships, some people you just fit perfectly with and it's fun and easy, others you just don't.