Do you believe "the one" concept?

Recently I watched a video on YouTube about this concept. I agree with him, but I'm still partly believing the one though...

https://youtu.be/hnFUFy4GbdQ

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope. Because if that's true then why are so many people getting divorced, dying, is used and abused? The one concept is Greek and Roman myth. It's fake. And people over spiritualize something that isn't there. God gave us a brain to use. Use it. There isn't a person who is a mind reader and understands EVERYTHING you need, want and desire without VERBAL communication. In order for that person to be able to do that, they need to make an effort somewhere. We need to teach our children practical and objective reasons to marry, have sex and a relationship vs NOT getting into any of these things and stop telling them lies.

So unless you have a divine appointment for such a calling in your life, it's best you don't seek a partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t really subscribe to the idea that there is “the one.” Instead, I am more inclined to believe that there are the right ones and the wrong ones for everyone. It’s all a matter of compatibility and joint effort to make any relationship work.
    However, I grew up reading fairytales and watching Disney princesses find their one true loves, so a part of me still wants to believe that we will each meet the single soul that has been destined for us.

3|2
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Thanks! Wish the one comes to you soon!

• Thank you! 😊

Most Helpful Guys

• Well,..., be kind to this ole' hound but I'm from a spiritual old school society, not religious but "spiritual". I hurd a bit of what I took away as being "true". THe Human of the moment sees all those before "them" as less developed. Todayis o saturated with less than happy, positive, "hopeful" ideas when it comes torelationships,..., I have never fallen from the Ways I have followed all my life. I do believe tht theire is THAT ONE, an "Eternal" I met her, sired my kids, and yes we are no loger together now but in my belief system,..., I know we'll meet again,. I was floored when I saw Robin Williams' "What Dreams May Come". it was like a blue print of my entire spiritual floor plan. I feel lucky to have been exposed to so many thing at an early age. But when I was not with her, I know I had others that held attributes of "her", I did of their Males. LOVE NEVER DIES with only "one" in a world where everyone want guarantees,..., well AGE teaches you there are no guarantees! LOL!!! Just throw the dice and be smart enough to see the Eternal when they show-up and enjoy them for as long as you are privileged to be in their lives. (sappy maybe,..., but it is not Business plan either "Matt"! LOL!)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do believe in the one concept and disagree with this guy's sentiments completely.

"The one" doesn't mean that out of 7 billion people there is only one who is right for us, not at all.
    But, statistically, out of all the people you meet in your lifetime, there will always be *one* who you are the most compatible with.
    And I simply want to meet that person, because I want to experience the BEST that is possible.

I completely disagree with his idea that romance lies in hard work and sticking with each other.
    I frankly believe that is just coating a pile of shit in gold because you don't want to be lonely, and I have zero interest in doing that.

2|1
    0|0
    • I believe so too. It's just like friendships, some people you just fit perfectly with and it's fun and easy, others you just don't.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I love Matthew Hussey. He always brings the truth. I believe "the one" exists in a way that there is a person who I'm really compatible with, and frankly who I've found already and am currently dating. But I don't think they're the only person who is compatible with me. There are multiple people who might be.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't believe in one "the one". There can be a few people you are compatible with and have things in common with. As long as core values are the same & both want the same thing, it should be fine. And you can have that with many people.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t think there is THE single one, I think it’s one of many better/most suited for us.

That is mostly because of the vast amount of people there are in the world. It can’t just be the one of 7 billion...

1|1
    0|0
  • The term is used in two different ways:
    1. a spiritual romantic connection that was formed by fate or God that one hopes will last for life.
    2. the person one marries and stays with for life due to mutual love and team work.
    I believe in the latter but not the former, as I'm not religious nor delusional.

0|0
    0|0
    • - Not at all saying religious people are delusional! Just that if you're not religious yet believe in this concept then you are just delusional.

• Show All
    • Wrong. God is outside of religion. I do not believe in the one. It doesn't make a person spiritual. They have poor perceptions of what real life is. This is a standard that everybody is expected to follow if they want a great relationship that will last for a lifetime. "If you aren't religious that means you do not believe in a spiritual, external power, only your own mind, and actions." False. That goes to show you that you were taught wrong about religion. Money is a religion, when your praising celebrities, you're making them your god. When you worship somebody else or yourself, you're making it into a religion. There are carnal people and there are spiritual people. There is no such thing as just your own mind and actions. That is not the way this world, works.

"The other definition of "the one" would be the person we choose without dependence on any spiritual beliefs like fate." That's where it's a joke because if that is true we wouldn't be having so much divorce and people hating each other. People hate the idea of God, but can't be responsible for their own choices is even worse. What matters if you are even called to be having sex or be married in the first place. Because nobody needs to get hurt over your indecision and lack of honesty.

• @btbc92 First of all, how can you say "God is outside of religion"? God is a religious conception. It seems you have your own beliefs that stray from Christianity or any other "group", and that's fine, of course, but as long as you believe in an abstract power or force (a god) that we have no logical evidence of aside from individual claims of having experienced or seen God, it obviously can't be considered concrete like medicine or education are, and therefore can't be dependable in determining and defining our human and evidently existing romantic partner. (hence the reason I used "spiritual" instead of "religious".)
      My second definition was someone we marry and stay with for life due to mutual love and team work. If you get divorced, they wouldn't be "the one" - in practical terms, not spiritual. That's why we hear people say "I thought s/he was the one" sometimes, when they go through a breakup...
      If you don't believe that "the one" is neither a spiritual conception nor the person we CHOOSE with our own power, then I don't see what your view is...

• I do I feel like nowadays so many people rather waste other people's time and not have a real relationship if someone willing to date you and commit to you for a long time it got to be special between you two.

1|0
    0|0
    • I just want to add there so many crazy and fuck up people nowadays it's hard to find a normal person so yeah I do think the one is more than ever because you going to meet 50 crazies before finding them.

• I never did believe in it. I want my future husband to be my best friend, not someone identical to me. I want him to have a different personality to me so I have something to work with.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100% there is going to be someone for every single person in this world and you will know when you find them

1|1
    0|0
  • It all depends on person. My experience with guys. 3 or 4 did cheated on me. when we were in a relationship. After time of again I just got fed up with cheating. I dumped all the cheaters now. I am with someone new now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sincerely hope the new guy treats you right and wish you end up being together.
      By the way, Happy New year.

• The good thing is that new guy has been cheated on more then once in his past experiences with relationships. He knows how it feels like.

• There’s millions of people in the world, I doubt there’s only one you can find a true connection with, so no.

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on person. My experience with guys. 3 or 4 did cheated on me. when we were in a relationship. After time of again I just got fed up with cheating. I dumped all the cheaters now. I am with someone new now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, no. There are many people in the world who you might be happy with if you ended up meeting them, not just one, that just can't reasonably be true.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually agree with what he said.
    Cuz i find it more realistic, there's no "the one" no "soulmates" but people who like each other and decided to make it work

0|0
    0|0
  • The only reason why he believes that is because he hasn't met the one.

2|1
    0|1
  • I think there is more than one potentially right person for the majority of people but you can only get with them if you stop forcing things on the wrong people

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe there's more than one soul designed for each one of us.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. There's more than one person for us.

0|1
    0|0
  • oof he's smexy

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. There are all kinds of people that can be compatibility with other multiple people. I love my manssss soooo much but I still get crushes or stuff like that. I wouldn’t leave him for anyone else though. I know what I have and he’s enough for me. I’m sure there are others who are enough though too.

Catch my drift?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i'm not a slut

0|1
    0|0
  • "the one " is just a gimmick used in movies/ books.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• I do personally, however I don’t believe it’s limited to one, I’ve met people that have made me feel very weird and then others that haven’t. Those people that made me feel really weird I talk to very much, we get along quite well, as opposed to those who didn’t I don’t talk to them as often, and we don’t have as good of a bond as the ones who did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought 'the one' was Neo in The Matrix. There might be that perfect person out there who's 'the one', but the odds of finding that person is so remote that you're better off finding someone who's close enough of a match that a relationship would work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen a couple of his videos and I think damn I could be making money right now preaching the same stuff. He's literally stating my exact opinion (which is the opinion of rational thinking people). There's no ONE person out there for anyone. There are many people that will have decent chemistry with you. No one will have the same kind of chemistry with you, but as long as it passes a certain level, it means they're compatible with you. All you need is a little logic to figure that out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. People change their minds and how they feel more often than not after long periods of time. And with breakups and divorces happening more commonly, I don't think it's anything more than a concept. Things are all random and inconsistent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like there one and only one that’s right for you? Like a soul mate? No. I believe there are a few that’s probably right for you. Granted the number on compatibility is low, I don’t believe in one and only one, but rather a few.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no such thing as 'the one', there are just people who you are more compatible with and other people you are less compatible with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that some people fit the description of The One, but I think that there are a number of people who could become The One for each of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's completely ungrounded in any sort of science whatsoever and is just the result of wishful thinking of primitive minded simpletons who can't control their emotional desires and think objectively.

0|0
    1|1
  • It's cute when children believe that there's "the one" person somewhere in the world waiting for them. It's sad when they believe this even when they grow up.

0|0
    1|1
  • Honestly you can meet someone that will compliment you in every way physically or personality wise but there isn’t one concrete person out there just made for you

0|0
    0|0
  • "The one" is the one who comes in your life when the time is right. "The one" is not the one you need to wait for 20 years and just sit wasting your better years.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in that bullshit. Will you still say "the one" to that person even they cheat on you? Nope. So that's a total shit.

1|0
    1|0
  • no such thing.

men back in the day had like 5 wives

people today get divorced and they cheat

this one crap, soulmate crap is BS

0|0
    0|0
  • "the one" is nonsense. That doesn't mean that 2 people can't be forever. But no one is fated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think we reach a point in our live, and meet the "right" person in that period where they can be considered the "one," we want to marry.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think the one exists. but anybody can be it and there's not only one xD it's jut "the one you choose to stay with".

0|0
    0|0
  • The one is made when you find someone good for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • There will always be more than one extremely compatible people for someone

0|0
    0|0
  • With billions of people there are many, not just one.

0|0
    0|0
  • if someone is truly one in a million then there are 73500 people just like them so no i dont

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe In the many, but there is not one for all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's complete and utter bullocks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe more in the almost all concept.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a lot more than just one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah he pretty much explains it all

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I already wrote this to someone here: 7 000 000 000 people in the world. half of those are the opposite gender from you - so 3 500 000 000. and if we say only 1% of those are attractive (which is a dumb thing to say, because attractive people make up a MUCH bigger percentage), that would leave us with 35 000 000 attractive people. And if we say 1% of that 1% are also smart, funny and overall have any other traits you are looking for in a person, that leaves you with 350 000 of absolutely PERFECT people for you. just for you to get the idea, if you spent only a MINUTE with each absolutely perfect person for you, you would need to spend 240 days just talking to perfect people. AND, let's not forget that the 350 000 number is a great understatement, because we assumed that only 1 % of people were attractive and only 1 % of that 1% also had other qualities. So, no THE ONE DOESN'T EXIST.

0|0
    0|0
  • HAHAHAHAH lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes