What is your biggest concern about finding happiness in a marriage or cohabiting long term relationship?

The honeymoon is definitely over!
The honeymoon is definitely over!
Everything slowly changes when you live together. Once you are living together, many of the things we do to be polite seem to fall by the wayside. It may be quite common place to see your girlfriend sitting on the toilet or to hear your boyfriend blowing his nose. The veils slowly drop and you see the unfiltered version of the person you thought was Mr. or Ms. Right. They may say things that they previously would have not expressed. They may still be Mr. or Ms. Right but you are obviously seeing them differently.

There are challenges in getting accustomed to seeing the same person every morning and every night. What is your biggest concern about a long term relationship or marriage? What do you think is the most likely potential problem that you will encounter?
  • My partner will get bored with me sexually
  • We will run out of things to talk about
  • I will start aging and my partner won't still be attracted to me
    Vote C
  • My partner will have weird kinks or won't accept my weird kinks
    Vote D
  • We won't agree about having children
    Vote E
  • We won't have other friends any more
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G

1217

Most Helpful Girls

• I have many. One of my biggest fears would be to become too comfortable with the relationship, to take it for granted and then realize that one of us is not in love anymore. Another big concern would be that the other person would want to transgress ethical behavior in an attempt to not get bored with the relationship. I would also worry about not being capable of withstanding difficult obstacles or hardships.

What I have learned so far is that staying in love in the long run is not effortless and it requires self-sacrifice from both parties. Thinking otherwise leads to the state of feeling 'in love' to wear off.

• C is women's greatest enemy... something I can't change... i still look younger than my age so that a good thing :)
    the other stuff i am pretty flexible

when you have a partner who loves you, compatible with you, most stuff can be compromise.

• I look younger than my age and I have a 57 year old girlfriend who can't always keep up with me! :) :) :) I don't think guys worry about aging and what it will do to their appearance; a guy's concern is that his willy will go into early retirement!

• you can help her work on that area... practice makes perfect right? lol

aging is every womens nightmare... i am not sure...
      retiring too soon will not be fun for the man... every mans' nightmare?

Most Helpful Guys

• I used to fear of falling out of love when my girlfriend and I got too comfortable with each other but it turned out everything is still going well, despite the repetition, accustomed to seeing each other all the time and the predictability of sex. My biggest concern at the moment is that my girlfriend changed her mind about not wanting a child and now she wants one. My concerns with this are that we both are not financially prepared to take on the responsibilities of a child and secondly, we both have unfavorable genes that include asthma, vision problems and temper with anger that could be inherited to our child.

I have no worries about the relationship and bond we have together but this sudden change could end up becoming a deal breaker since we both can't agree on the same idea, especially a critical one like having a child. Thankfully we are both giving each other time to reconsider our options but I'm dead set on not having children since I wouldn't want any unnecessary complications. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

• 2d

Your generousity is most appreciated! Thank you very much :)