I have a 43 yr old friends with benefits.. who has confused me beyond words.. how do I get a better understanding of what to expect from him? Alots of details below?

I'll try to make this long story as short as possible.. feb 2018 I started talking to an older man (43 and I'm 27). I was in an open marriage looking for a friend and he was looking as well so we got together and things sorta worked out. About 3 months later my marriage became a bit rocky and my friends with benefits ended things with me saying he liked me but didn't want anyone involved to get feels so he was going to end the friends with benefits relationship until I was either divorced or happily married. Then a couple of days later we were hanging out and ended up hooking up again. Next day I asked what was going on and his response was that it sucked and he missed me so we started the friends with benefits again (without the change in my marriage). A few months later he had a friend come into town and I sort of stopped hearing from him for about a week then we talked and came to find out he wanted to end of friends with benefits again this time because his friend was staying in town for a while and they wanted to see where things were going with them (she was an old friends with benefits from his truck driving days). They ended up not working out and he came back to me. Things were great and then again in October he wanted to end the friends with benefits.. and like everytime before I respected and we became just friends. But in Nov i found out he was getting back into truck driving.. he spelt with me one more time before he left to go on road and spent most of his free time with me before leaving. He told me he'd miss me and to be good and give me a kiss. We talk every couple of days still and I send him naughty stuff which he seems to enjoy when I send... but I have no idea where we stand. If he comes home will he be coming home to Me? Or is he hooking up with all the women he used to see on the road and still wants nothing to do with me in that sense? How do I bring this up to him, if at all? Without in getting turned into a bigger thing than it needs to be?
4
0