Question to guys?

So here is the thing. I am a girl and I care about how I look, fashion, style and etc. I started dating a guy few months ago and he wants me to wear skirts and dresses only. No pants, nor denim (not even home). I was fine with that, because I want to be with him, and I don’t think wearing skirts only would be a big issue. I was just kinda curious how am I gonna go to the gym with a skirt, but he said when we get married, we will have a home gym. So I am fine with that.
Now he wants me to wear skirts like 10 inches (~20cm) below the only. The thing is I don’t like how they look. I prefer tailored clothing. I tailor all my clothing. I don’t like how they look nor how I look in them.
So I ask you if it’s normal for a guy to wants me to change that or that’s rare, and what should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Outside of the Amish community or similar religious sects, it's atypical, particularly in western cultures. You must really like this guy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Ditch him. Eventually you will be controlled and doing what he wants. Wear what you want to wear and enjoy the attention admiration. Don't fall into the trap that he is thinking if you when you clearly know he is not

1|0
    0|0
    • I think this is his plan haha although save this, he is very very kind and meek person. He just has problem with clothing

• There's a difference in telling you what to wear because its sexy and that will mean you feel sexy wearing it but not to control what you wear just because he wants you to x

• It depends... if you like being dominated to the point where you get off on a man choosing your clothes, then you probably wouldn't be asking this question? But, this is an indicator of what you can expect if you stay with him long term. Caveat_emptor ----- Buyer beware

0|1
    0|0
    • No. Haha. And for me clothing is very important and I surely don’t wanna change that much. But I don’t know if that’s normal for every guy and every one i date would Insist to change something like that

• It's not "normal" for every guy, but it may be "normal" for him. Doesn't sound like a good match.

• I'm not sure what is worse, how controlling he is, or how oblivious you are to it.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well you know, when you are with someone you want to excuse them, and to give them the benefit of a doubt. And during those months I thought that it’s because he’s just religious, although I’m religious also but I think surely not enough for him

• There are no excuses for controlling partners in a relationship. None. Not even religious reasons.

• Sounds like he's rather controlling. Thats not normal behaviour

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't let my partner tell me what I can wear or not wear. Maybe make a suggestion to me but not be demanding. Sounds really ridiculous that you can't wear anything but skirts and dresses. Is it because of his religion or something?

0|0
    0|0
  • Might not seem like it to you but that is a major red flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you met a controlling troll. Since you are a troll you can either obey or find another troll.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and u dont have to do what he says thats weird that he's telling u what to wear

1|0
    0|0
  • It's obviously a fetish for him. He gets turned on seeing a girl dress very feminine and sexy. I would say it's normal in the house but not everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you will only wear one if he wears one too.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not normal. Find someone else.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's your preference that counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy...

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds controlling to me

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What you do is leave his ass and date someone who isn't a control freak.

1|3
    0|0
  • wtf

Dump him and find someone who isn't going to try and change/control you.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes