I cheated on my boyfriend and it was the worst mistake of my life. everyone hates me and I don’t know how to move on from this?

I felt extremely bad for cheating before I got caught and now he knows and I cannot forgive myself for hurting him. How can I move on from the stress and sorrow that I have caused? I have heard the lectures from everyone and don’t want to hear anymore. I’m truly just looking for a way to forgive myself.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What you did was horrible, but only time and other things will make you feel better. You can’t take back what you’ve done, but you can learn from it and change. I don’t like cheaters, despise them more than a lot of things in life to be honest. To me disloyal to someone you’re in an intimate relationship is awful. Disloyalty of this nature, in this context, is just a despicable thing for a human being to do. Of course specifics matter, so if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it would be different. I’m assuming you weren’t under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you cheated on your boyfriend, but if you were, correct me. I would never date someone who has cheated and I know I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, these human beings are despicable, men and women alike.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You've owned up to it. Good. Now, look at yourself in the mirror after a shower while still nude, examine everything and realize that you've let someone other than your lover touch that body in a way only he was supposed to. After you're done, make a promise to yourself to never do something like that again. Then, express how you feel to everyone you know and get them to better understand by explaining how you knew it was wrong.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Move on

0|1
    0|0
  • Have the courage to pull the knife out of the wound to begin the healing process. Just go through the sorrow period which is normal then slowly move on.

Wish you the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was it with just some random guy you didn't know, or was it someone you were friends with or hung around with?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its gonna take a lot of time i think thats what you need just some more time

0|0
    0|0
  • Get away from him and leave him alone. He deserves better.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Well I mean here is what I would do: I would apologize to him and do better next time. It’s not the mistakes we make it’s what we do after the mistake that counts. As far as your guilt goes maybe ask yourself why you cheated? Do some sole searching.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break-up.

Go volunteer for a charity.

Keep your head down.

It will blow over eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them to back off. Everyone makes mistakes and give them slag fir their mistakes if you know about them.

0|0
    0|3
  • Well, break up and try to live with yourself. Good luck with that, I am sure that I couldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • backstory. how many times did you cheat and how far did you go?
    how did you get caught? do you have feelings for the other guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Give it time. Nothing for you to do. 🧐

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him a space.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes