Is it ok to read your partners phone?

Is it ok to read your partners phone?
I think not because it means they dont trust you?
  • Yes
  • No

69122

Most Helpful Girls

• Of course. My parents use each other's phones, computers all the time. My dad leaves his computer unattended at home. I believe in sharing everything in a marriage. There should be no secrets.

• it depends. do you have a good reason to? my ex would always leave when he got a call, he also put a password on his phone something he never did before. one time i asked jokingly if he's cheating on me, of course he said no. so instead of obsessing over it i snooped and there was all the proof i needed to dump his cheating ass. most people will lie and tell you they aren't cheating. i don't think snooping is wrong so long as you don't get caught and you don't become an obsessive stalker girlfriend obsessing over his every move.

• It is those types of actions that
      lead one to suspect someone
      has been up to no good.

Passwords and leaving the presence of your partner to
      take a call in the garage, back
      yard, in the car or upstairs
      restroom with the tub running.

Lmao How will trust ever start
      when they begin on deceit?

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't mind at all if my girl would read each and everything on my phone anytime she wants because if I am honest I don't need to hide anything from her, she is the most personal person to me hence there is nothing to hide unless I am doing something that needs to be hidden only then I will pour in the personal space privacy like things for my better sake, over the time she loses her interest in doing that if she never find anything of her business and she would start to trust you more, I think trust is something you need to earn first it doesn't come by itself unless it would be called a blind trust which is not good, I think people should give reason to their partner to trust them instead of asking that dark private isolated space which is always doubtful and people do use that space to cheat always time is a witness, people who are not honest have problem with that.

• wow, we have a meeting of minds. i honestly don't understand the people on here whining about their right to "privacy." please. privacy is a figment of the imagination.

• @DianaWest that's right, there is no privacy with your very private ones.

• Depends on the situation. I usually would advise no. However, my wife of 25 years was acting strangely. I looked in her phone and found calls to a Family Law Attorney. The forewarning of what she plotted allowed me time to plan to limit the financial hemorrhaging which would inevitably follow. That is a different circumstance though. I am single again and would not do so to my girlfriend and I would be furious if she did mine. I have seen insecure females on this site (mostly in their 20s) indicate that if the boyfriend puts a passcode on his telephone or does not give her that passcode then he is hiding something. They seem to feel they have free browsing rights into your messages and phone calls. WTF?