Sisters, If a guy is a mama's boy, is it a turn off?

A mother who loves her son but treats her daughter and daughter-in-law like shit is NOT a good mother.

A evil mother-in-law who always complains about her daughter-in-law, so her son can beat up his wife or divorce her is NOT a good mother.

I hate men who think women shouldn't get child's custody after divorce.

A mother is someone who views every child equally not just her son, but also her daughter and daughter-in-law. Wife and daughter-in-laws also play an important role when they give birth to children.

Give immense respect to both your mother and wife. One brought you in this world and the other one left the entire world for you.

Some mother-in-laws are double faced, angels and fake victims in front of their sons and evil behind their back.

Never make your wife or your mother feel insecure.

Both need your love, attention and respect. Both are important.

Never raise your hand on your wife because she is also someone's future mother and your son will hate you if you treat your wife badly.

Your wife will leave her parents and family for you.

Wife is also important because she gives birth to children, she turns a man into a father, she gives grandchildren.

Wife is the future and a life long friend. Wife and children will support you when your parents will leave the world and when your siblings will be busy with their own married lives.

I did this in a rush until 8:20pm because at 8pm on Sunday I watch favourite drama called Romeo weds Heer. Fucking hell this should have been a mytake. Damn! Dear, Employees of GAG, this better get featured! (A request not a command, yeah yeah we all know who the boss is, who gets to decide, but you should decide in my favour)

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• "I hate men who think women shouldn't get child's custody after divorce."

Then you hate me. My aunt became a drug addict/dealer who got busted while drinking with my then 6-year-old cousin in the car, along with scales to weigh the stash in her trunk. My uncle went to court and not only got full custody, but my now deceased aunt got only supervised visitation, fully at my uncle's discretion.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you will become mother and if your son mammas boy then will you still support this take?

0|0
    1|0
    • 4d

I will not be a evil mother-in-law, I will not talk crap about my daughter-in-law in front of son with crocodile tears. I will not take an advantage of being a mother. I will treat my daughter and my daughter-in-law with respect not just my son. At a lot of women complain about their daughters in front of their husbands, sons, they complain about their daughter-in-laws no matter how sweet they are. It is wrong to take advantage of your age or position in the family. There are mother-in-laws who get their daughter-in-laws beaten up by their sons, they get them divorced, they cause rifts between husband and wife with their crocodile tears and then they give that evil smile. My mother is horrible to me despite being a mother, she turned my dad against me, and almost got me murdered by my dad. She treats me like a competition. I hate my parents and my little brothers. My dad blindly trusts my mom. My parents are shit, I hate them.

• Show All
    • 3d

It's okay, I will a mental illness that was shown in the Bollywood film called Housefull 3 which is DID, and I forgot what it stands for. In housefull 3, whenever someone said the word "Indian," Sandy turned into Sundi because of the racism he suffered, and one person went crazy when he heard the word "black" but Akshay was only saying, "black coffee." I go nuts when I hear something against a "woman." Even if it is a drama or a superficial issue or people's attitude.

• 2d

Okay take care

• With most women being feminist in this generation i wonder if the scenario will change sides

0|0
    1|0
  • It’s sounds like you have a problem with your mother-in-law more so than mamas boys, I love my mother, she is the strongest/kindest/sweetest woman I know, she trusts me completely and has showed nothing but respect and kindness to any girl I have introduced her to and practically welcomed her into the family, if a man is not close with his man how do you think he will treat his girlfriend once the honeymoon period is over

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I have a problem with my mother and with Asian Muslim women of older generation. There is a hatred and bitterness between the women of older generation and the girls of young generation.
      I hate my mom, her two sisters, her mother. In my Pakistani society, no matter how evil parents, in-laws or husbands are, people of my society always support the parents, they always support the mother-in-law and the husband. They treat young girls like shit. They are patriarchal and orthodox and backward. Older women including real biological mothers and mother-in-law are jealous of young girls.

• 4d

Those older women had arranged marriages, they were less educated, their life was boring, they were always told that boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is a sin. They were always told that it is a sin to talk to boys, to have a boyfriend, to wear bold clothes. That is so ingrained in their minds. Whereas, the young girls love freedom, they want to have boyfriends, they want to be wear bold clothes to express themselves, they want to have good education, career and they want to think beyond the cooking and cleaning. Therefore, young Asian Muslim girls intimidate older Asian and Muslim women without even realizing. Even when they are happy, laughing and enjoying themselves, older women think they are showing off because of jealousy. They are jealous of their freedom. They think just because they had arranged marriages, young girls should also have arranged marriage, just because they were submissive in relationships, they think young girls should also be submissive

• 4d

however, nowadays couples are like best friends, women are treated better by their partners and this makes the mother-in-laws and biological mothers jealous who were never treated like this by their partners. Some evil mother-in-laws also had evil mother-in-laws. Some abusive people were also abused in their life. So the cycle repeats itself. Misery loves company. Some women who were physically abused in their lives think it is not a big deal if their daughter or daughter-in-law gets abused, and they have this mentality that women should tolerate shit to save their relationships. They don't understand that times have changed. This is a clash of values.

What Girls Said 9

• By experience, personal and with the family, I wouldn't go out with a guy like that, either if he is his own mama´s or if he turns into a mama´s boy to my own mother (that last one is very horrendous, but it could also be because the guy is doing it on purpose so he could gain my mother as one of his allies and have the upper hand in the situation, so he could do whatever he wants with me, like in the old times).

I can understand how frustrating and horrible is when either mothers, stepmothers, mothers-in-law or any other woman who has a maternal role is not fair or supportive towards every kind of daughter and prefer the "sons".

However, this issue has been for a long time ago, because if we read the real versions of the fairy tales, we can see that there is always a wicked woman trying to make the sweet and beautiful girl's life miserable, and not because of being just a stepmother, but it could also be the real mother, it is just that newer versions put them as stepmothers so the story can't give an unbroken aesop about mothers.

Reasons to do it: jealousy, seeking dominance and power, narcissist, she has a golden child (either boy or another girl), insecurities, being manipulated by someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I love mamas boy, i'm a mamas girls. I love my mum, she's my best friend and not going to stop him from having the same with his mum that's not fair. It shows me he respects women and has a good family life. The only thing I don't like is when his mum does everything for him like the cooking, cleaning etc

1|1
    0|0
  • i have only had one real serious relationship and I am in still in it where my husband does NOT have this issue of being attached to his mom or his mom being evil / mean to me in anyway so I cannot really tell you I understand but I do have a friend who says she dates men who are mommy's boys and it is hard on her.

1|0
    0|0
  • a momma's boy usually is not gonna stand up for you when mom is going nuts on you.

2|0
    0|0
  • This made no sense and sounds like you're insanely salty. Calm down and get off the internet.

0|0
    1|0
    • 4d

I ask questions for FUN, and I try to ask questions that would get featured and this question DID get featured. I have no opinion, I am neutral. None of that is my personal opinion.

• It’s kinda cute

1|0
    0|0
  • Babe if it’s an Asian guy then it’s a problem lol

1|1
    0|0
  • TLDR... can be?

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex was a mama's boy and it was so annoying. I mean, she was nice to me but he told her everything. All the time. She knew private stuff about our relationship that I didn't want her to know, and she knew it because he always told her. I asked him straight out sometimes "Do NOT tell your mother about this please, ok?" and he'd ask "why not?" and be like "ok I won't" but he always did anyway. I hated it.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Lol funny

• Show All
    • 4d

dear anonymous, I did that to my boyfriend once. I was messaging my boyfriend, it was a romantic chat on my mom's phone since I don't have a smart phone, I showed all the romantic messages to my mom. My boyfriend was upset. However, I am in a long distant relationship. I will not lose my virginity, see him, date him, touch him, hug or kiss or even hold his hand before marriage. I will marry him after 2 years when I will turn 22 years old and when I will graduate. My boyfriend is 24 and unemployed. He lives in a joint family and doesn't have his own room. He lives in a village and cooks on the wood, he doesn't have a washing machine or a fridge. I and my parents decided that I will NOT marry him until he finds a job, builds a new room, bathroom, buy a stove, washing machine and a fridge. He is mama's boy. He lives in Pakistan and I live in London. I need a washing machine otherwise he will make me wash his clothes, he wants me to cook for the entire joint family, his breakfast at 5am

• 4d

anonymous, my boyfriend wakes up at 4am. He says I will have to cook his breakfast, I will wash his clothes with my hands, iron his clothes, he lives in a joint family and says I must cook for the entire family because he is mama's boy and family oriented. The thing when will I sleep, he will romance me all night, he will expect breakfast at 4:30am, he will expect me to do all the household chores for the whole joint family, entertain him, his family, and it is so hot in Pakistan- 45 degrees and there is no 24/7 electricity, I won't be able to sleep at night and during the day. Who can sleep during the day in 45 degrees with all the sweat?

Recommended myTakes