Girlfriend texting other guy?

Is it okay for my girlfriend of 1 year to still be texting a guy my friend had tried to set her up with before we dated? She's never met him and goes to a different school, but she keeps saying how they were really close before and she doesn't want me to be controlling when I ask her to stop. Am I allowed to be bothered by that or am I just being a dick?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not! Yes you are allowed to be bothered and should be. Biz Markie wrote a song in the early 90’s. Some of the lyrics we’re “Don’t ever talk to a girl who says she just has a friend..” it’s a song about cheating.

Now, let’s think about this for just a min. This was a guy your buddy tried to set her up with. For what? So they could take Lamaze classes together? No. To date. Ok. So first of all she has no business talking to him AT ALL. Second of all you said they never met, and I hope you’re right. So she’s never met him... but they’re really close? Really? Isn’t that cute. And why would they be so close, even after having never supposedly met? She’s got feelings for him that’s why. So she’s really close to a guy your buddy set her up with to date in the past. That’s just so lovely (sarcasm). She doesn’t want you to be controlling when you ask her to stop. Well that’s just terrific isn’t it? I bet she doesn’t because my instinct tells me she’s gonna stay with you while she sets everything up with this guy and cheats if she hasn’t somehow already or exchange nudes, or whatever. But certainly cheat. Maybe over... I don't know Spring Break or something.

I’ll tell you what I would do. Start setting yourself up with another girl too. Then drop her ass since whatever she’s planning is highly likely not ok. Doesn’t want you to be controlling? Ha! I bet. Or you can just drop her ass. Doesn’t want you to be controlling? Oh sure, that’s women manipulation tactics. You have every cause for concern... but she’s gonna label you controlling. Like you’re some abusive controlling gorilla or something. Keep using her for sex or whatever you get from her, get a new lady, then fire her, or just fire her straight away. Since she wants to play games, play her game too and beat her at it.

I want to see an up date about how you did what I suggested. Warm my heart young man by not falling for this BS.

• 7d

I agree with a lot of what your saying, I've dated 4 girls in the past and been cheated on by everyone of them. She's the first girl I've dated who actually felt different from hoes and shit and I just don't want to drive her away you know? I'm away at College right now so being nearly 2.5 hours away definitely doesn't help.

• 7d

2.5 hours away. What good is that. Can’t even see each other. Get a new girl. This one is so not worth it.