Do you think you are a good -boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband?

I've always been a horrible boyfriend. I've never cheated. Never been abusive, verbally or physically. The thing that has always made me a horrible boyfriend is that I'm emotionally distant. No matter how hard I try I've always pulled away whenever I started to feel vulnerable. It takes a lot to break through my walls and it would take a lot of patience on their part. So how are you in relationships?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm an awesome boyfriend. I have my issues (everyone does), but I;m reasonable, fairly patient, I work hard, I'm loyal, good with animals. Good with kids. I'm at least moderately socially adept - pick up cues, etc. All those things that would be a good husband, I have those (except the material stuff at the moment). I am CRAP at getting the dates. I am crap at initial attraction. But once I have a date, unless she REALLY wasn't interested and decided it from the start, I have pretty good likelyhood of going from first date to second, and second to third (etc) until I'm considered the "boyfriend."

I'm a bit cautious, which is probably pretty unattractive to women; but otherwise, I'm not hard to get along with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm a good husband.

My wife does her stay at home wifie things while I conquer the corporate world. She takes care of the kids, brunched with her friends, shops, and works out to stay fit.

When I'm home I spank her ass and give her deep kisses.

We both love it and it works for us.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I am not dating any one, but I do think I'd be a good girlfriend or wife bc of my caring and understanding side. The thing that would possibly kill it all though would be my insecurities like am I enough. Does he really like me. Bc often times I don't feel like I am enough. I am very traditional and wouldn't mind and would love to cook, clean and take care of my husband or boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very similar to you. I also don't really know how to show love well or in the way my guy wants.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sucks. They always thought I didn't care about them. Nothing could be further from the truth. I've always had trouble expressing emotions and and allowing myself to be vulnerable.

• Yeah, it really does suck.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't listen to the FI telling you that you should be like a woman. Guys just don't have all the feelings and emotions swirling around in their head like women do.
    You're a guy. Do guy things. Revel in being a MAN.
    And never forget, YOU ARE THE PRIZE. So act like it. Women will come and go, but a REAL MAN is a prize to behold.
    Do you know what a REAL MAN is?

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I don't think I'm total shit. But I know I'm not perfect. I think I'm a good balance of good and bad probably

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like im a perfect boyfriend, every girls dream and every parents fantasy for their daughter. I’m also incredibly humble.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm emotionally closed off, its creating issues and I really wish I could fix it

0|1
    0|0
    • I am so sorry, I didn’t know about this. I’ll leave you be :)

• I feel like I'm pretty bad, honestly, because despite many many many attempts. I have yet to have an actual relationship, and I'm 26.

0|1
    0|0
  • I try to be but I have my faults and sometimes I wonder why he evens deals with me

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe I'm a good husband. It not i would not be be married for 25 years this summer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I’m pretty insecure about myself I don’t know

0|0
    0|0
  • I think 90% of women are trash
    and most men have good intentions

1|0
    1|0
  • Just wondering, are you using mind-altering substances? I know that people tend to lose emotional norms when they use drugs a lot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope. 100% sober and that includes alcohol.

• Good on you! I think if people like us for who we are, what makes a good significant other in one relationship will be different than what another considers to be good in their relationship. I would say I am good to my girl. No bragging. I am just saying I put effort into the relationship. I am not overly sappy with her and we are still a hit!

• Husband and father, absolutely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    Because I’m loyal and do as hubby says

0|2
    1|0
  • I think I am, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm cheating on her now.

0|1
    1|0
  • No but I strive to be better

1|0
    0|0
  • I m single

0|0
    0|0
  • I am too emotionally distant as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a good wife, I've been told that by my husband every single day. For me he is a good husband too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im an good wife ,

0|0
    0|0
  • I have insecurities that make me feel like im not necessarily good enough for guys but i am trying to better myself and gain that confidence and i have a few good guy friends who think i am a charming nice girl and have a lot of worth but i don't tend to see it in myself it's hard but in relationships i am clingy and affectionate with the guy im with and honest and i just wanna be his partner in crime.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not Good at talking about my feelings either I wasent raced like that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes