Do you think you are a good -boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband?

I've always been a horrible boyfriend. I've never cheated. Never been abusive, verbally or physically. The thing that has always made me a horrible boyfriend is that I'm emotionally distant. No matter how hard I try I've always pulled away whenever I started to feel vulnerable. It takes a lot to break through my walls and it would take a lot of patience on their part. So how are you in relationships?

1511

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm an awesome boyfriend. I have my issues (everyone does), but I;m reasonable, fairly patient, I work hard, I'm loyal, good with animals. Good with kids. I'm at least moderately socially adept - pick up cues, etc. All those things that would be a good husband, I have those (except the material stuff at the moment). I am CRAP at getting the dates. I am crap at initial attraction. But once I have a date, unless she REALLY wasn't interested and decided it from the start, I have pretty good likelyhood of going from first date to second, and second to third (etc) until I'm considered the "boyfriend."

I'm a bit cautious, which is probably pretty unattractive to women; but otherwise, I'm not hard to get along with.

• I think I'm a good husband.

My wife does her stay at home wifie things while I conquer the corporate world. She takes care of the kids, brunched with her friends, shops, and works out to stay fit.

When I'm home I spank her ass and give her deep kisses.

We both love it and it works for us.

Most Helpful Girls

• I am not dating any one, but I do think I'd be a good girlfriend or wife bc of my caring and understanding side. The thing that would possibly kill it all though would be my insecurities like am I enough. Does he really like me. Bc often times I don't feel like I am enough. I am very traditional and wouldn't mind and would love to cook, clean and take care of my husband or boyfriend.

• Very similar to you. I also don't really know how to show love well or in the way my guy wants.

• Sucks. They always thought I didn't care about them. Nothing could be further from the truth. I've always had trouble expressing emotions and and allowing myself to be vulnerable.

• Yeah, it really does suck.