If I'm not willing to wait for my boyfriend. Does it mean I don't love him?

My boyfriend is currently working in another state and for the past three months we saw each other three times, once a month each time.
This weekend he told me he won't be able to make it next month for work reasons and I got very upset. He told me that it's few more weeks and that he's willing to wait.
He kind of made me question my feelings for him too. I started to wonder if maybe I don't love him as much as I think if I'm ready to give up?
I also told him that if he's so busy maybe there is no place for me in his life. He took it seriously and switched his shifts so we we able to Skype for a few hours.
What is your opinion, guys and girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• What does working in another state mean and is he coming back? Many guys have jobs that makes them travel.. so in the end you need to be okay with your man traveling for work. If not and you want someone whom you can see on a much regular basis then the right thing to do is be honest with yourself and him and go find that person.

3|1
    0|0
  • Maybe you are not well suited for being in relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • What makes you say it?

• You are questioning your commitment to him and perhaps you should be questioning it.

• Good point.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be frank with you. It can be that you love him so much that it tear you apart being far from him. When you love someon with all ur being you will wait for him. Your behavior in my case I would say is normal to be upset but to think of leaving him I might question that one.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The fact that he’s switching his schedule around for you means he’s invested in you. No guy who wasn’t interested in you would do that. Of course he wants to see you. Of course he’d give anything to be with you.. girl he’s trying his best.. Give me a break.

1|0
    0|0
  • He just changed his shifts just to Skype with you? Look at how invested he is in this, he really wants to make it work with you. Don't give up on him like that.

6|0
    0|0
  • No.

But, I don't think the love between you two is strong enough. He should also know if you'd wait for him, by the way. That way he can make his decision if he wants to keep wasting time with you. It sounds like you both have a better chance at a better life, so why keep staying involved if you question it. If it were me I'd want to know so I can leave. I don't want to love anyone that wouldn't love me just the same.

Just talk to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is typical woman behavior. You should see what military wives do when their men are deployed. Dear god.
    It's disgusting behavior, but quite commonplace nonetheless. YOU have to decide to stay or go, but for god's sakes, make a decision and stick with it. Don't fuck around on the side - cut him loose or wait. Do what YOU need to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you really love him, and if the time is coming in the near future, where he will be able to spend a lot more time with you, then wait for him. If this being away is a long term thing, and you have a lot of difficulty handling it, then break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he switched his shifts up just to video chat with you I think that's at least a bit of something on his end that you may want to try and wait it out to see if it works. Sounds like he is trying but work can make relationships difficult sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow your feelings. Maybe you don't love him as much as you think. That's ok, better to figure that out now. in my opinion you should be open to dating other guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you have to be apart it is good to wait if he goes away all the time for work and you make plans wait if you just meet this person and it is like this and you started dates like it is going cheating may be in play. Just listen to your soul-mate in your self to know what's best to do You have to KNOW YOUR SOUL MATE within Self to go on this as love

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn’t.
    It just means you and him have different needs. It’s not selfish to ask for what you need.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's trying a little. if he's serious he'd ask you to move over there, but if he hasn't made any long term plans with you then it might be time to move on.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah, if you can't wait for him you have no business being with him.

0|0
    0|1
  • LDR - this doesn't work , just find somebody who is close he should do the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships are a strain at the very best. Are you SO much in love that you can't bear the wait?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ldr's don't work. Breaking up is probably for the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems to me he is serious about you, but I understand where you are coming from. Long distance relationships are very hard

0|0
    0|0
  • If i was ur boyfriend... I might have break up with u by now. So yes u don't love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you go see him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk your feelings to him.
    Have a long talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it means you're a piece of shit

2|0
    0|0